2017–2018 North Korea crisis
|2017–18 North Korea crisis|
|Part of the inter-Korean conflict|
|Parties involved in the crisis|
|Commanders and leaders|
In 2017, a crisis began when North Korea threatened the United States with a nuclear weapon. They began testing missiles, which proved that North Korea could attack the United States with a missile. 
By 2018, the crisis had slowed down after North Korea went into talks with South Korea. They also agreed to take part in the 2018 Winter Olympics under one team for both Koreas. North Korea then began to stop doing nuclear tests. In September 2018, a summit between Kim Jong-un and Donald Trump happened in Singapore. North Korea agreed to stop making nuclear weapons.
Two other summits happened in 2019, but these did not go well and broke down.
Related pages[change | change source]
References[change | change source]
- "North Korea threatens Australia with nuclear strike over US allegiance". News.com.au. April 24, 2017. Archived from the original on September 15, 2017. Retrieved September 25, 2017.
- "Kim Jong Un vows to 'leave the past behind' after historic Singapore summit with Donald Trump". Archived from the original on 2018-06-12. Retrieved 2020-07-17.
- "North Korea threatens Australia with disaster if it continues to support US stance on Pyongyang". ABC News. October 15, 2017. Archived from the original on October 17, 2017. Retrieved October 17, 2017.
- Intelligence Agencies Say North Korean Missile Could Reach U.S. in a Year Archived January 14, 2018, at the Wayback Machine NYT, July 25, 2017.
- Warrick, Joby (August 8, 2017). "North Korea now making missile-ready nuclear weapons, U.S. analysts say". The Washington Post. Archived from the original on August 17, 2017. Retrieved August 9, 2017.
- Three things to know about North Korea's missile tests: With advances in its long-range missile programme, here are three technical milestones and why they matter. Archived November 2, 2017, at the Wayback Machine Aljazeera, September 3, 2017.
- Reporter, Defence; Greene, rew (2017-04-22). "Defiant Bishop fires back over North Korean nuclear threat". ABC News. Retrieved 2019-02-10.
- "North Korea warns Australia will face disaster if it continues to support US". ABC News. 2017-10-15. Retrieved 2019-02-10.
- "Kim Jong Un to arrive in Vietnam on Feb 25 ahead of Trump summit". www.aljazeera.com. Retrieved 2019-02-16.
- David E. Sanger, U.S. Nuclear Talks With North Korea Break Down in Hours, New York Times (October 5, 2019).