2018 Ahvaz military parade attack
Both the Arab Struggle Movement for the Liberation of Ahwaz and the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant claimed responsibility for the attack.
On 22 September 2018, at 09:00 local time, four gunmen wearing military uniforms as Islamic Revolutionary Guards Corps and Basiji (volunteers) began shooting at the parade from a nearby park. 29 people died and 70 were injured. The attack lasted about ten minutes.
References[change | change source]
- "Several Killed as Gunmen Attack Military Parade in Iran: State TV". The New York Times. Reuters. Retrieved 22 September 2018.
- "Several killed, at least 20 injured in attack on military parade in Iran". The Washington Post. Retrieved 22 September 2018.
- "Arab Separatist Group Claims Iran Attack". U.S. News & World Report. Associated Press. 22 September 2018. Retrieved 22 September 2018.
- Saeed Kamali Dehghan (22 September 2018). "Terrorists kill Iranian children and soldiers in military parade attack". The Guardian. Retrieved 22 September 2018.
- "Iran's Rouhani fumes at US after Ahvaz parade attack".
- CNN, Hilary Clarke, Hamdi Alkhshali and Jennifer Hauser,. "29 killed in attack on Iranian military parade". CNN. Retrieved 2018-09-23.CS1 maint: extra punctuation (link)
- "Iran military parade attacked by gunmen in Ahvaz". BBC. Retrieved 22 September 2018.
- "Terrorists Attack Crowd of Bystanders in Military Parades in Southwestern Iran". Farsnews (English). Retrieved 22 September 2018.