2019 Pulwama attack
2019 Pulwama attack was an attack on the Indian security guards by a suicide bomber on 14 February 2019.It happened at Lethpora in the Pulwama district, Jammu and Kashmir, India. The attack resulted in the deaths of 40 Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) guards and the attacker.The Pakistan-based Islamist militant group (terrorist group) Jaish-e-Mohammed was responsible for this attack. A Jaish-e-Mohammed member named Adil Ahmad Dar, a Kashmiri local, was identified as the attacker.
Attack[change | change source]
|Uttar Pradesh||12||Cst. Pradeep Kumar|
HC Awadhesh Kumar Yadav
HC Ram Vakeel Mathur
Cst. Mahesh Kumar Meena
Cst. Vijay Kumar Mourya
Cst. Pankaj Kumar Tripathi
Cst. Ramesh Yadav
Cst. Shyam Babu
Cst. Kaushal Kumar Rawat
Cst. Pradeep Singh
Cst. Ajit Kumar Azad
Cst. Amit Kumar
|Rajasthan||5||Cst. Jeet Ram|
Cst. Rohitash Lamba
HC Narayan Lal Gurjar
HC Hemraj Meena
Cst. Bhagirathi Singh
|Punjab||4||Cst. Kulwinder Singh|
Cst. Maninder Singh Attri
HC Jaimal Singh
Cst. Sukhjinder Singh
|Odisha||2||Cst. Manoj Kumar Behera|
HC Prasanna Kumar Sahoo
|Uttarkhand||2||ASI Mohan Lal|
Cst. Virendra Singh Rana
|Bihar||2||Cst. Ratan Kumar Thakur|
HC Sanjay Kumar Sinha
|Maharashtra||2||HC Sanjay Bhikamsingh Dixit Rajput|
Cst. Nitin Shivaji Rathod
|West Bengal||2||HC Bablu Santra|
Cst. Sudip Biswas
|Tamil Nadu||2||Cst. G. Subramanian|
Cst. C. Sivachandran
|Assam||1||HC Maneswar Basumatary|
|Karnataka||1||Cst. H. Guru|
|Jammu and Kashmir||1||HC Ahmed Naseer|
|Himachal Pradesh||1||Cst. Tilak Raj|
|Kerala||1||Cst. Vazhakkandiyil (V. V.) Vasantha Kumar|
|Jharkhand||1||HC Vijay Soreng|
|Madhya Pradesh||1||Cst. Lal Ashwini Kumar Kachhi|
At Lethpora near Awantipora, around 15:15 IST, a bus carrying security guards was hit by a Mahindra Scorpio SUV carrying explosives. It caused a blast which killed 40 CRPF personnel of the 76th Battalion. The injured were moved to the army base hospital in Srinagar. The Pakistan-based Islamist militant group (terrorist group) Jaish-e-Mohammed was responsible for this attack.They also released a video of the attacker, Adil Ahmad Dar. Dar was a 22-year old from Kakapora . He had joined the group a year ago. Pakistan denied any involvement with the group. But Jaish-e-Mohammed leader, Masood Azhar, roams freely in that country.
This is the deadliest terror attack on India's state security guards in Kashmir since 1989. Fulwama attack was done by Jaise-e-momahad on 14February 2019 There was 40 CRPF Force killed on jammu and kashmir
Reference[change | change source]
- "Pulwama attack: India will 'completely isolate' Pakistan". BBC. 16 February 2019. Retrieved 16 February 2019.
- Pulwama Attack 2019, everything about J&K terror attack on CRPF by terrorist Adil Ahmed Dar, Jaish-eMohammad, India Today, 16 February 2019.
- "Pulwama terror attack: Complete list of martyred CRPF jawans - Details inside". Times Now. 15 February 2019. Retrieved 15 February 2019.
- "At 12, Highest Number of Jawans Martyred in Pulwama Hailed from UP". The Quint. Retrieved 15 February 2019.
- "Punjab announces Rs 12 lakh compensation for families of martyred CRPF soldiers". Times Now. 15 February 2019. Retrieved 17 February 2019.
- "Pulwama attack: How to donate to victims' families". Deccan Herald. 15 February 2019.
- "Pulwama terror attack: He was on phone with wife. Then bomb went off, says family of CRPF jawan". Hindustan Times. 15 February 2019.
- "CRPF Man Worried About Not Being Able To See 2-Year-Old Daughter Grow Up". NDTV.com.
- "Pulwama attack: CM Yogi meets family of CRPF Constable Pankaj Kumar Tripathi". www.aninews.in.
- "Pulwama attack: Thousands throng martyr Ramesh Yadav ancestral home in Varanasi". The Times of India.
- "Pulwama Attack: Wife Of Martyr Pradeep Singh Heard The Blast While Talking To Him On The Phone". indiatimes.com. 16 February 2019.
- "Pulwama Attack: Martyr Ajit Kumar Azad Had Returned To Kashmir Just 4 Days Before The Attack". indiatimes.com. 16 February 2019.
- "Pulwama encounter: Three Jaish terrorists killed, Army Major martyred". The Times of India.
- "5 from Rajasthan attain martyrdom in Pulwama CRPF convoy attack". The Times of India.
- "Punjab father loses only son in Pulwama attack". Hindustan Times. 15 February 2019.
- "4 from Punjab killed in Pulwama terror attack; gloom descends on villages".
- "'I will call back': Odisha CRPF soldier told wife before Pulwama attack". Hindustan Times. 15 February 2019.
- "Proud of my father, says killed CRPF soldier's daughter". Hindustan Times. 15 February 2019.
- "Uttarakhand CM Rawat pays tribute to slain CRPF jawan in Dehradun". 16 February 2019 – via The Economic Times.
- "Pulwama attack: Kin in Uttarakhand mourn 2 slain CRPF jawans". The Times of India.
- "Killed CRPF jawan Ratan Thakur was to become a father again". Hindustan Times. 16 February 2019.
- "Pulwama attack: With slogans, Patna bids farewell to its braveheart". 17 February 2019.
- "Bodies of Two Jawans Killed in Pulwama Attack Brought to Maharashtra". News18.
- "Pulwama terror attack: Two from Maharashtra's Buldana district among deceased". 15 February 2019.
- "Pulwama terror attack: From fish-seller to a martyr, Bablu Santra inspirational journey". www.timesnownews.com.
- "Broken dream: Nadia son's wish for a brick house to replace hut". www.telegraphindia.com.
- "Pulwama terror attack: Sevalaperi villagers mourn CRPF jawan G Subramanian". The New Indian Express.
- "Wearing Father's Uniform, 2-Year-Old's Final Salute To Pulwama Soldier". NDTV.com.
- "Last wish of this slain CRPF jawan in the Pulwama attack from Assam goes unfulfilled". The New Indian Express.
- "Pulwama terror attack: Braveheart from Mandya among martyred CRPF jawans". The Times of India.
- "CRPF soldier killed in Pulwama celebrated his birthday a day earlier". Hindustan Times. 16 February 2019.
- "Himachal Jawan martyred in Pulwama terror attack". The Times of India.
- Ameerudheen, T. A. "'We lost a hero': Kerala village mourns CRPF man killed in Pulwama attack". Scroll.in.
- "Pall of gloom descends on Jharkhand's village after killing of CRPF jawan in Pulwama attack". The Times of India.
- "Madhya Pradesh Village Mourns Soldier Killed In Pulwama Terror Attack". NDTV.com.
- "India will 'completely isolate' Pakistan". BBC. 15 February 2019.
- "Jaish terrorists attack CRPF convoy in Kashmir, kill at least 38 personnel". The Times of India. 15 February 2019. Retrieved 15 February 2019.
- Sharma, Neeta (15 February 2019). "Terrorist Lived 10 km From Site Where He Killed 40 Soldiers In Kashmir". NDTV. Retrieved 15 February 2019.
- "How far might India go to 'punish' Pakistan?". BBC. 15 February 2019.
- Dutt, Barkha. "Everything will change after the Kashmir attack". The Washington Post.
Two decades later, Masood Azhar has not been brought to justice. Instead, he hides in plain sight in Bahawalpur, in Pakistan’s Punjab Province, and is now allowed to address huge Islamist militant gatherings over audio speakers in other parts of Pakistan.
- "Deadliest Kashmir militant attack on troops". BBC News. 14 February 2019. Retrieved 15 February 2019.