2021 Formula One World Championship
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Grands Prix results[change | change source]
World Drivers' Championship standings[change | change source]
- – Driver did not finish the Grand Prix but was classified, as he completed more than 90% of the race distance.
- – Half points were awarded at the Belgian Grand Prix as less than 75% of the scheduled distance was completed. Fastest laps were not recognised in the final classification.
Notes[change | change source]
- Valtteri Bottas finished first in sprint qualifying, but was required to start the race from the back of the grid for exceeding his quota of power unit elements. Max Verstappen was promoted to pole position in his place.
- Lewis Hamilton set the fastest time in qualifying, but received a ten-place grid penalty for exceeding his quota of internal combustion engines. Valtteri Bottas was promoted to pole position in his place.
References[change | change source]
- "Verstappen set for pole position for Italian Grand Prix as penalty-hit Bottas wins Monza Sprint". Formula1. 11 September 2021. Retrieved 11 September 2021.
- "Hamilton set for Turkish GP grid penalty after taking new Mercedes engine". Formula1. 8 October 2021. Retrieved 8 October 2021.
- "Bottas claims pole for Turkish GP as fastest driver Hamilton takes grid penalty". Formula1. 9 October 2021. Retrieved 9 October 2021.