2021 Rock Hill shooting
|2021 Rock Hill shooting|
|Part of mass shootings in the United States|
Rock Hill, the location of the shooting, pictured in 2018
|Location||Rock Hill, South Carolina, U.S.|
|Date||April 7, 2021 |
4:45 p.m. EDT (20:45 UTC)
|Mass shooting, murder–suicide|
9 mm handgun
On April 7, 2021, six people, including two children, were shot at a house in Rock Hill, South Carolina, United States. Phillip Adams, a former National Football League player, was named as the perpetrator. Five of the shooting victims died, while a sixth is hospitalized in critical condition with serious gunshot wounds.
Notes[change | change source]
- Not including the shooter, who killed himself a day later at a different location
References[change | change source]
- Kinnard, Meg. "AP source: NFL player Phillip Adams killed 5, then himself". AP. Retrieved April 8, 2021.
- Liu, Michelle; Kinnard, Meg (April 8, 2021). "Former 49ers player Phillip Adams kills 5, then himself, sheriff says". The San Diego Union-Tribune. Retrieved April 9, 2021.
- "South Carolina mass shooting: Former NFL pro killed 5, then himself, sources say". WSOC TV. Retrieved April 8, 2021.
- "NFL pro Phillip Adams kills five, then himself". CNBC. April 8, 2021. Retrieved April 8, 2021.
- Dys, Andrew (April 7, 2021). "Rock Hill doctor, wife, grandchildren, worker killed in York County mass shooting". The Herald. Retrieved April 8, 2021.
- "Father of York County mass shooting suspect says son killed 5 others, then himself". wcnc.com. Retrieved April 8, 2021.
- Crump, James; Zoellner, Danielle (April 8, 2021). "Ex-NFL player reported as gunman who killed renowned doctor and grandchildren". The Independent. Retrieved April 8, 2021.