|2022 Buffalo shooting|
|Part of mass shootings in the United States|
|Location||1275 Jefferson Avenue,|
Buffalo, New York, U.S.
|Date||May 14, 2022 |
c. 2:30 – 2:36 p.m. (EDT; UTC−04:00)
|Weapons||Bushmaster XM-15 semi-automatic rifle|
|Accused||Payton S. Gendron|
On May 14, 2022, a mass shooting took place in Buffalo, New York, United States, at a Tops Friendly Markets store, a supermarket in the East Side neighborhood. Ten black people were killed and three others were injured.
The FBI says the attack was a racist hate crime because eleven of the people injured were black while the shooter is white. A suspect was arrested by the police. The white suspect was identified as Payton S. Gendron. He is believed to be a white supremacist.
References[change | change source]
- Whitlock, Craig; Willman, David; Horton, Alex (May 16, 2022). "Massacre suspect said he modified Bushmaster rifle to hold more ammunition". The Washington Post. ISSN 0190-8286. Archived from the original on May 16, 2022. Retrieved May 16, 2022.
- Vogt, Adrienne; Ruiz, Joe; Wagner, Meg (May 14, 2022). "10 dead in Buffalo shooting, police commissioner says". CNN. Archived from the original on May 15, 2022. Retrieved May 14, 2022.
- Traub, Alex (2022-05-14). "Live Updates: Gunman Kills 10 at Buffalo Supermarket in Racially Motivated Attack". The New York Times. ISSN 0362-4331. Retrieved 2022-05-14.
- "Ten Killed in a Mass Shooting at a Jefferson Avenue Supermarket". The Buffalo News Inc. Retrieved May 14, 2022.
- "A Gunman Kills Ten at a New York State Store". BNO News Inc. Retrieved May 14, 2022.