2022 FIFA World Cup Final
|Event||2022 FIFA World Cup|
|Date||18 December 2022|
|Venue||Lusail Iconic Stadium, Lusail|
The 2022 FIFA World Cup Final will be the final match of the 2022 World Cup, the 22nd FIFA World Cup. The match is going to be played at the Lusail Iconic Stadium in Lusail, Qatar, on 18 December 2022 (which is also the national day of Qatar) and will be played by the two winners of the semi-finals.
Venue[change | change source]
The final will be played in the Lusail Iconic Stadium in Lusail, which is around 15 kilometres (9.3 mi) north of the city centre of Doha. The stadium was planned to host the final as part of Qatar's World Cup bid, and was confirmed as the final venue on 15 July 2020. Nine other matches, six group stage and three other knockout games will also be played at the stadium.
The Lusail Iconic Stadium, owned by the Qatar Football Association, was built because of Qatar's winning bid for the World Cup. The stadium was designed by British firm Foster + Partners and Populous, supported by MANICA Architecture. The stadium will be cooled using solar power and will have a zero carbon footprint. Construction started in April 2017, and was supposed to finish in 2020. But, the construction of the stadium was postponed due to the COVID-19 pandemic, and ended up finishing in November 2021. There still has not been a game played in the stadium.
Route to the final[change | change source]
|Winners Match 61||Round||Winners Match 62|
|Round of 16|
Match[change | change source]
Details[change | change source]
Notes[change | change source]
- Each team will be given only three chances to make substitutions, with a fourth chance in extra time, not counting substitutions made at half-time, before the start of extra time and at half-time in extra time.
References[change | change source]
- "Lusail Stadium". Supreme Committee for Delivery & Legacy. Retrieved 30 March 2022.
- "Lusail Iconic Stadium for Qatar 2022 is revealed at Leaders in Football conference in London" (Press release). Foster and Partners. 6 October 2010. Retrieved 30 March 2022.
- "FIFA World Cup match schedule confirmed: hosts Qatar to kick off 2022 tournament at Al Bayt Stadium". FIFA. 15 July 2020. Retrieved 30 March 2022.
- "FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 – Match Schedule" (PDF). FIFA.com. Fédération Internationale de Football Association. 1 April 2022. Retrieved 1 April 2022.
- "Lusail Iconic Stadium - FIFA World Cup Qatar". e-architect. 7 March 2019. Retrieved 20 January 2022.
- "Lusail Iconic Stadium World Cup 2022: Qatar World Cup Stadium". fifaworldcupnews.com. 23 September 2021. Retrieved 17 February 2022.
- "Qatar's Lusail Iconic Stadium for Solar World Cup Stadium". architecture-view.com. 27 October 2010. Archived from the original on 16 June 2016. Retrieved 24 February 2022.
- "Work starts on Qatar World Cup final stadium at Lusail". thepeninsulaqatar.com. 12 April 2017. Retrieved 24 February 2022.
- Parkes, James (23 November 2021). "Foster + Partners-designed Lusail Stadium among eight completed Qatar World Cup venues". Dezeen. Retrieved 30 March 2022.
- Sobura, Tomasz (2 February 2022). "New stadium: The date bowl still awaiting its first game". StadiumDB.com. Retrieved 30 March 2022.
- "Regulations – FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022" (PDF). FIFA.com. Fédération Internationale de Football Association. 15 December 2021. Retrieved 30 March 2022.
Other websites[change | change source]
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to FIFA World Cup 2022.|