Teams[change | change source]
|Draw position||Team||Pot||Confederation||Method of
|March 2022[nb 1]||October 2022|
|A1||Qatar||1||AFC||Hosts||2 December 2010||1st||—||—||51||50|
|A2||Ecuador||4||CONMEBOL||CONMEBOL Round Robin fourth place||24 March 2022||4th||2014||Round of 16 (2006)||46||44|
|A3||Senegal||3||CAF||CAF Third Round winners||29 March 2022||3rd||2018||Quarter-finals (2002)||20||18|
|A4||Netherlands||2||UEFA||UEFA Group G winners||16 November 2021||11th||2014||Runners-up (1974, 1978, 2010)||10||8|
- The rankings of March 2022 were used for seeding for the final draw.
Standings[change | change source]
|1||Netherlands||3||2||1||0||5||1||+4||7||Advanced to knockout stage|
In the round of 16:
- The winners of Group A will play the runners-up of Group B.
- The runners-up of Group A will play the winners of Group B.
Matches[change | change source]
Qatar vs Ecuador[change | change source]
Senegal vs Netherlands[change | change source]
Qatar vs Senegal[change | change source]
Netherlands vs Ecuador[change | change source]
Ecuador vs Senegal[change | change source]
Netherlands vs Qatar[change | change source]
Discipline[change | change source]
Fair play points will be used as tiebreakers if the teams are tied after the overall and head-to-head rules. These points are based on yellow and red cards given to a team. The points are:
- first yellow card: minus 1 point;
- indirect red card (second yellow card): minus 3 points;
- direct red card: minus 4 points;
- yellow card and direct red card: minus 5 points;
|Team||Match 1||Match 2||Match 3||Points|
References[change | change source]
- "FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 – Match Schedule" (PDF). FIFA.com. Fédération Internationale de Football Association. 1 April 2022. Retrieved 1 April 2022.
- "Regulations – FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022" (PDF). FIFA.com. Fédération Internationale de Football Association. 15 December 2021. Retrieved 30 March 2022.
- "Men's Ranking". FIFA. Retrieved 21 November 2022.