2022 New York City Subway attack
This article needs to be updated. (April 2022)
|2022 New York City Subway attack|
|Part of mass shootings in the United States|
|Location||N train pulling into 36th Street station, Brooklyn, New York City, New York, United States|
|Date||April 12, 2022 |
c. 8:24 a.m. (EDT)
|29 (10 by gunfire, 19 by other causes)|
|Accused||Frank Robert James|
Committing a terrorist attack on a mass transportation system
On April 12, 2022, at approximately 8:45 AM, a gunman opened fire on a subway car at 36th Street Station in Brooklyn, New York City, United States. At least 29 people were injured, 10 of whom were hit by gunfire. Authorities said none of the injuries were life-threatening. The gunman was reported to have used a smoke bomb before firing. 62 year-old Frank Robert James, the suspect, was later arrested by police. He is reported to have addresses in Philadelphia and in Wisconsin.
There is a $50,000 reward for information leading to James' arrest.[source?] New York City Mayor Eric Adams condemned the attack.[source?]
References[change | change source]
- ↑ Felton, Emmanuel; Bellware, Kim; Slater, Berman; Bailey, Holly; Zapotosky, Matt; Kornfield, Meryl; Knowles, Hannah; Beachum, Lateshia (April 12, 2022). "Police seeking 'person of interest' after Brooklyn subway shooting". The Washington Post. Archived from the original on April 12, 2022. Retrieved April 13, 2022.
- ↑ Marks, Andrea (14 April 2022). "Accused Subway Shooter Held Without Bail Following First Court Appearance". Rolling Stone. Archived from the original on April 16, 2022. Retrieved April 15, 2022.
- ↑ Caspani, Maria; Allen, Jonathan (2022-04-12). "Gunman sets off smoke bomb, shoots 10 in New York subway car". Reuters. Retrieved 2022-04-12.
- ↑ Walters (now), Joanna; Oladipo (earlier), Gloria (2022-04-12). "Brooklyn subway shooting: 16 people injured, five critically, in attack – latest news". The Guardian. ISSN 0261-3077. Retrieved 2022-04-12.
- ↑ "Brooklyn subway shooting live updates: The latest from the investigation". New York Post. 2022-04-12. Retrieved 2022-04-13.