|Centuries:||20th century – 21st century – 22nd century|
|Decades:||2010s 2020s 2030s – 2040s – 2050s 2060s 2070s|
|Years:||2041 2042 2043 – 2044 – 2045 2046 2047|
Predicted and scheduled events[change | change source]
- May – A METI message Cosmic Call 2 sent from the 70-meter Eupatoria Planetary Radar arrives at its destination, 55 Cancri star.
- May 18 – Near-Earth object 2002 QF15 will make a close approach to Earth.
- May 19 – The Kennedy Library may release to the public a 500-page transcript of an oral history about John F. Kennedy given by Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis (if her last child has died).
- June 6 – The time capsule at the Normandy American Cemetery and Memorial will be opened.
- August 23 – Total solar eclipse from Montana to North Dakota.
- September – A METI message Cosmic Call 2 sent from the 70-meter Eupatoria Planetary Radar arrives at its destination, HD 10307 star.
- October 1 – Occultation of Regulus by Venus. The last was on July 7, 1959. The next occultation of Regulus by Venus will occur on October 21, 3187, although some sources claim it will occur on October 6, 2271.
In fiction[change | change source]
- A devastating nuclear war destroys most of the Northern Hemisphere in John Wyndham's The Outward Urge.
- The Robotech Expeditionary Force will defeat the Invid at Reflex Point, marking the end of the Third Robotech War (Robotech animation series).
- The events of "A.D. 2044," a 1998 point-and-click adventure game for Windows written by L.K. Avalon and published by Flair Software, take place.
- The events of the Polish film Sexmission take place.
- The events of the Game Boy video game Alien Olympics 2044 AD take place.
- David Fisher, a character from HBO's Six Feet Under dies.
- The events of the American film Zenith take place.
- The Moment of Silence, an investigative thriller adventure game developed in 2004 by German video game developer House of Tales. The game is set in the year 2044 in downtown New York City.
- The Architects of History is a Big Finish Productions audio drama based on the long-running British science fiction television series Doctor Who. In 2044, The Selachians attack Earth’s Moonbase and the Galactic Reich is threatened.
References[change | change source]
- Nick Bryant (14 September 2011). "The Jackie Kennedy tapes: Sharp, tender and gossipy". BBC Website. Retrieved 8 December 2013.