The English used in this article or section may not be easy for everybody to understand. (July 2020)
Type of site
|Available in||Belarusian, Russian, English|
|Created by||Irina Vidanova|
|Alexa rank||170,982 (Global, January 2019)|
34mag is a Belarusian online youth magazine, which is published in two languages (Belarusian and Russian), some materials are translated into English too. Most publications are devoted to art, culture, and travel. The editorial office is located in Minsk, the editor in chief is Alexandr Korneychuk. Also the digital distribution label "Pyarshak" (Belarusian: "Пяршак"; the name itself means top quality goods or strong home-distilled vodka) works under the auspices of the portal.
History[change | change source]
The magazine was founded by Belarusian journalist Irina Vidanova after closing her previous project "Studenckaja Dumka" (Belarusian: "Студэнцкая думка"; "The Student Thought" into English) by the Belarusian authorities in 2005. The first issue of the new publication was released in 2006 on compact discs, and in 2009 the project launched a website also.
Achievements[change | change source]
At the festival of advertising and communication “AD.NAK-2014,” the travel guide “Belarusian: Рома едзе” by Roma Svechnikau and 34mag.net was honoured with the 1st place and grand prix in the category of integrated media projects, while its “Limited Edition” got the 3rd place in the category of socially significant projects, the catalogue “Books from Belarus” and the book “Belarusian: Рома едзе” won 2nd places in the category of multipage publications.
References[change | change source]
- "34mag.net – Пра нас" [34mag.net – About us] (in Belarusian). 34mag. Archived from the original on 10 October 2018. Retrieved 11 January 2019. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "У журнала 34mag – новый главный редактор" [The 34mag magazine has a new chief editor] (in Russian). Marketing.by. 3 April 2018. Archived from the original on 28 November 2018. Retrieved 11 January 2019. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Капустина, Ольга (17 May 2012). "Основатель 34 Multimedia Magazine: "Многое было сделано вопреки"" [The founder of the 34 Multimedia Magazine, "Much has been done contrary to"] (in Russian). Deutsche Welle. Archived from the original on 28 March 2017. Retrieved 11 January 2019. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "34mag.net атрымаў прэмію Міжнароднага інстытута прэсы" [34mag.net received the International Press Institute Award] (in Belarusian). Charter 97. 17 May 2012. Archived from the original on 11 January 2019. Retrieved 11 January 2019. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Пераможцы AD.NAK!: медыяпраекты, BTL, PR, прома-, event- і DM-праекты, парможцы воркшопаў і конкурсаў" (in Belarusian). Marketing.by. 24 June 2014. Archived from the original on 3 October 2019. Retrieved 3 October 2019.
- "Пераможцы фестывалю беларускамоўнай рэкламы і камунікацыі AD.NAK!" (in Belarusian). Budzma Belarusians!. 26 June 2014. Archived from the original on 3 October 2019. Retrieved 3 October 2019.