Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Centuries:||9th century – 10th century – 11th century|
|Decades:||960s 970s 980s – 990s – 1000s 1010s 1020s|
|Years:||992 993 994 – 995 – 996 997 998|
Events[change | change source]
- Erik Segersäll is replaces by Olof Skötkonung, the first baptized ruler of Sweden (see Swedish monarchs).
- Basil II lifts the siege of Aleppo by bringing his entire army across Anatolia in sixteen days.
- Constantine III becomes king of Scotland.
- Boleslaus II of Bohemia kills the Slavnik's dynasty at Libice.
- Olaf Tryggvason is made king of Norway and builds the country's first church.
Births[change | change source]
- Canute the Great (approximate) (d. 1035)
- Guido of Arezzo, Italian musician (d. 1050)
- Abolfazl Beyhaghi, Persian historian and writer (d. 1077)
- Olaf II of Norway (d.1030)