A. B. M Abdur Rahim
A. B. M Abdur Rahim
|Born||2 January 1936|
|Died||5 May 1971 ( 35 )|
|Spouse(s)||Mrs. Jharna Rahim|
|Parent(s)||Abdur Rashid ( Khurshed Mullah ), Musammad Fatima Begum|
A. B. M. Abdur Rahim (born 1936; missing as of 5 May 1971) was a labour legal consultant. In his professional life, he was a labor legal consultant, general secretary of the Pakistan Labor Federation and manager of the Ujala Match Factory. He was abducted on May 5, 1971 by Pakistani forces.
Early life[change | change source]
Abdur Rahim was born on 2 January 1937 in the village of Ghatiyara in the Basudeb Union of Brahmanbaria District in the then British India, now under the Chittagong Division of Bangladesh.
Career[change | change source]
Contribution[change | change source]
Abdur Rahim used to hold secret meetings with the workers in Dhaka and organize them for the war of liberation. He used to secretly send them to India for training. He himself was preparing to go to India. Earlier on May 5, Pakistani soldiers picked him up from his workplace (Ujala Match Factory).
Missing[change | change source]
Abdur Rahim used to secretly send people to India for training. He himself was preparing to go to India. He was abducted by Pakistani troops on May 5 from his workplace (Ujala Match Factory) and has been missing since then.
Honors[change | change source]
In January 1996, the Bangladesh Postal Department released a postage stamp with his picture and name. 
Family[change | change source]
Related pages[change | change source]
References[change | change source]
- star, The daily (2020-12-30). "১২২২ শহীদ বুদ্ধিজীবীর নামের তালিকা নীতিগত অনুমোদন". The Daily Star. Retrieved 2021-08-01.
- "শহীদ বুদ্ধিজীবীর পূর্ণাঙ্গ তালিকা তৈরির কাজ শুরু করেছে সরকার". BBC News বাংলা (in Bengali). 2020-12-14. Retrieved 2021-10-14.
- ডেস্ক, প্রথম আলো. "এ বি এম আবদুর রহিম". 1971.prothomalo.com (in Bengali). Retrieved 2021-10-14.[permanent dead link]
- "বাসুদেব". basudeb.brahmanbaria.gov.bd. Archived from the original on 2021-10-22. Retrieved 2021-10-14.
- "Untitled Document". www.rhcourtney-collector.com. Retrieved 2021-10-14.
- "স্বীকৃতি মিলছে ২০৯ শহীদ বুদ্ধিজীবীর". SAMAKAL. Retrieved 2021-10-14.
- এ বি এম আবদুর রহিম [martyred intellectuals, lawyers, brahminbaria]. Prothom Alo. Retrieved 5 November 2021