(Redirected from AD 1490)
|Centuries:||14th century – 15th century – 16th century|
|Decades:||1460s 1470s 1480s – 1490s – 1500s 1510s 1520s|
|Years:||1487 1488 1489 – 1490 – 1491 1492 1493|
Events[change | change source]
- Tirant Lo Blanc by Joanot Martorell, Martí Joan De Galba is published.
- Yoshitane becomes Ashikaga shogun of Japan.
- Charles John Amadeus of Savoy becomes Duke of Savoy at age 1, mother Blanche of Montferrato is regent.
- Aldus Manutius moves to Venice.
- John Colet receives M.A. from Magdalen College, Oxford.
- Castle Church in Wittenberg is begun.
- Pedro de Covilham arrives in Ethiopia.
- Catholic missionaries arrive in the African kingdom of Kongo.
- Regular postal service connects the Habsburg residences of Mechelen and Innsbruck, the first in Germany.
- Leonardo da Vinci observes capillary action in small-bore tubes.
- December 19 – Anne of Brittany married to Maximilian I, Holy Roman Emperor by proxy