A Wrinkle in Time (2018 movie)
|A Wrinkle in Time|
|Directed by||Ava DuVernay|
|Screenplay by||Jennifer Lee|
|Story by||Madeleine L'Engle|
|Based on||A Wrinkle in Time|
|Produced by||Adam Borba|
|Distributed by||Walt Disney Pictures|
|March 9, 2018|
|Box office||$74 million|
A Wrinkle in Time is a 2018 American science fantasy adventure movie directed by Ava DuVernay. The screenplay was written by Jennifer Lee and is based on the 1962 novel of the same name by Madeleine L'Engle.
After learning her astrophysicist father (Chris Pine) is being held captive on a distant planet deep in the grip of a universe-spanning evil, Meg Murry (Storm Reid) works with her highly intelligent younger brother (Deric McCabe), her classmate (Levi Miller), and three astral travelers to save him (Oprah Winfrey, Reese Witherspoon, Mindy Kaling).
Cast[change | change source]
- Oprah Winfrey as Mrs. Which
- Reese Witherspoon as Mrs. Whatsit
- Mindy Kaling as Mrs. Who
- Storm Reid as Meg Murry
- Lyric Wilson as young Meg
- Levi Miller as Calvin O'Keefe
- Deric McCabe as Charles Wallace Murry
- Chris Pine as Dr. Alexander Murry
- Gugu Mbatha-Raw as Dr. Kate Murry
- Zach Galifianakis as Happy Medium
- Michael Peña as Red,
- Andre Holland as James Jenkins
- Rowan Blanchard as Veronica Kiley
- Bellamy Young as Camazotz Woman
- Conrad Roberts as Elegant Man,
- Will McCormack and Yvette Cason as Two unnamed teachers
- Daniel MacPherson as Mr. O'Keefe,
References[change | change source]
- "A Wrinkle in Time (2018)" – via www.rottentomatoes.com.
- "A Wrinkle in Time (2018)" – via www.imdb.com.
- "A Wrinkle in Time (2018) - Financial Information". The Numbers.
- Cruz, Lenika (August 4, 2016). "The First Woman of Color to Make a $100M Movie". The Atlantic. Retrieved November 3, 2016.
- Lieberman, David (February 22, 2017). "Disney Films To Show On Imax Through 2019 With New Distribution Deal". Deadline. Retrieved March 13, 2017.
- "A Wrinkle in Time Press Kit" (PDF). Walt Disney Studios. Archived (PDF) from the original on 9 October 2019. Retrieved March 7, 2018.