|Directed by||Mohit Suri|
|Written by||Shagufta Rafique|
|Edited by||Devendra A. Murudeshwar|
|Box office||est. ₹1.09 billion|
Aashiqui 2 (transl. Romance 2) is a 2013 Indian Hindi-language romantic musical drama movie directed by Mohit Suri and produced by Mukesh Bhatt, Bhushan Kumar and Krishan Kumar under the Vishesh Films and T-Series Films, with Mahesh Bhatt serving as presenter. This is a sequel to the 1990 musical movie Aashiqui and the movie stars Aditya Roy Kapur and Shraddha Kapoor in the lead roles, with Shaad Randhawa and Mahesh Thakur in supporting roles.
The movie released on 26 April 2013 and opened to positive reviews and the movie became a commercial success at the box-office although there were newcomers, and was one of the highest-grossing Bollywood films of 2013. This movie was a turning point in both Aditya Roy Kapur and Shraddha Kapoor's movie careers.
Cast[change | change source]
- Aditya Roy Kapur as Rahul Jaykar
- Shraddha Kapoor as Aarohi Keshav Shirke / Aarohi Rahul Jaykar
- Shaad Randhawa as Vivek
- Mahesh Thakur as Saigal
- Shubhangi Latkar as Aarohi's mother
- Milind Phatak as Keshav Shirke
- Chitrak Bandhopadyay as Salim Bhai
- Mahesh Bhatt as Vikram Jaykar
- Bugs Bhargava as a man drinking in Bar
- Salil Acharya as Aryan
- Soumyajit Majumdar as Kunal Basu
- Aashna Gaikwad as a lyricist
- Ankit Tiwari as a music director
References[change | change source]
- Ghosh, Avijit; Thakur, Atul (8 September 2014). "Bheja Fry, Aashiqui 2 gave best return on investment in last decade". The Times of India. Times News Network. Retrieved 15 January 2021.
- "Aashiqui 2 – Movie – Box Office India". Archived from the original on 20 November 2016. Retrieved 8 February 2018.
- "Shraddha Kapoor: After flop films, I could have disappeared". 5 July 2014.