Abby Lee Miller
Abigale “Abby” Lee Miller (born September 21, 1965) is an American dance instructor, television personality and choreographer. She was born in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Miller is the director and owner of Reign Dance Productions. She was also the founder of the Abby Lee Dance Company and appeared on the reality television series Dance Moms for seven seasons.
In December 2010, Miller filed for bankruptcy and owed more than $400,000 in taxes. In June 2016, she pleaded guilty to felony bankruptcy fraud and was sentenced in May 2017 to one year and a day in federal prison.
References[change | change source]
- Ove, Torsten (January 19, 2017). "'Dance Moms' TV star faces sentencing in federal court". Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. Retrieved July 26, 2017.
- "Everything I Learned About Life, I Learned in Dance Class". William Morrow. Retrieved June 18, 2018.
- "The Truth About 'Dance Moms': 8 Shocking Facts About Abby Lee Miller's Hit Lifetime Series". Retrieved July 15, 2015.
- Patten, Dominic (May 9, 2017). "Ex-'Dance Moms' Host Abby Lee Miller Sentenced To Prison In Fraud Case". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved May 9, 2017.
- Maslow, Nick (May 9, 2017). "Dance Moms star Abby Lee Miller sentenced to prison". Entertainment Weekly. Retrieved May 9, 2017.
- Schnurr, Samantha (May 9, 2017). "Dance Moms' Abby Lee Miller Sentenced to 1 Year in Prison". E! News. Retrieved May 9, 2017.
- "Abby Lee Miller Speaks Out After Initial Cancer Diagnosis". E! Online.
Other websites[change | change source]
- Abby Lee Miller (July 15, 2014). Everything I Learned about Life, I Learned in Dance Class. HarperCollins. ISBN 978-0-06-230481-0.