Abigail and Brittany Hensel
|Abigail and Brittany Hensel|
Abigail Loraine Hensel
March 7, 1990
Carver County, Minnesota
|Residence||St. Paul, Minnesota, USA|
|Education||Lutheran High School in Mayer, Minnesota
|Home town||New Germany, Minnesota, USA|
|Parents||Patty and Mike Hensel|
Abigail Loraine Hensel and Brittany Lee Hensel (born March 7, 1990 in Minnesota, United States) are conjoined twins with mostly one body and two heads. They are joined at the pelvis and each one controls one side of their body, which means they have to do things together. Brittany is on the left, and Abigail is on the right. They have two spines that join at the pelvis. They have two stomachs and four lungs, and at birth they had a third arm in between their heads. The third arm was not properly developed, so it was removed.
References[change | change source]
- "Abigail and Brittany Hensel: an extraordinary bond | Mail Online". London: Dailymail.co.uk. 2006-12-31. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-425736/Abigail-Brittany-Hensel-extraordinary-bond.html. Retrieved 2011-12-23.
- "Conjoined twins 'Abby & Brittany' get their own reality show". Yahoo!TV. http://tv.yahoo.com/news/conjoined-twins--abby---brittany--get-their-own-reality-show--video-.html. Retrieved 2012-8-9.
Other websites[change | change source]
- Abby Hensel at the Internet Movie Database
- Brittany Hensel at the Internet Movie Database
- Sites in German language with photos
- Shared Lives
- "Conjoined twins: Together vs. Apart" from Teen Newsweek
- BBC Science on conjoined twins
- The Most Intimate Bond from Time magazine, March 25 1996.
- Hensel documentary videos for sale
- YouTube video
- YouTube video