Academy Award for Best Picture (1950s)
The Academy Award for Best Picture is one of the Academy Awards. Also called Oscars, the Academy Awards are given to people working in the movie industry by the American Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences (AMPAS).
In the list below, the winner of the award for each year from 1950 to 1959 is shown first, followed by the other nominees.
- 1950 All About Eve – 20th Century-Fox – Darryl F. Zanuck
- 1951 An American in Paris – Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer – Arthur Freed
- 1952 The Greatest Show on Earth – DeMille, Paramount – Cecil B. DeMille
- 1953 From Here to Eternity – Columbia – Buddy Adler
- 1954 On the Waterfront – Horizon-American, Columbia – Sam Spiegel
- 1955 Marty – Hecht-Lancaster, United Artists – Harold Hecht
- 1956 Around the World in Eighty Days – Todd, United Artists – Michael Todd
- 1957 The Bridge on the River Kwai – Horizon, Columbia – Sam Spiegel
- 1958 Gigi – Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer – Arthur Freed