Burish with the Blackhawks in 2009
January 6, 1983|
Madison, WI, USA
|Height||6 ft 1 in (185 cm)|
|Weight||200 lb (91 kg; 14 st 4 lb)|
San Jose Sharks|
|National team||United States|
282nd overall, 2002|
Adam Burish (born January 6, 1983) is a American professional ice hockey right winger. He currently plays for the San Jose Sharks of the National Hockey League (NHL). He has also played for the Chicago Blackhawks and the Dallas Stars.
Career[change | change source]
Before playing in the NHL, Burish played 1 season with the Green Bay Gamblers of the United States Hockey League (USHL) and 4 years of college hockey with the University of Wisconsin–Madison Badgers. During his time with the Badgers, Burish captained the team that defeated the Boston College Eagles 2-1 to win the NCAA Division I Men's Ice Hockey Championship.
He was drafted 282nd overall by the Chicago Blackhawks in the 2002 NHL Entry Draft. On May 16, 2006, the Blackhawks signed Burish to a two-year contract. After spending a seasons with the Blackhawks' AHL-affiliate team, the Norfolk Admirals, he was called up on October 1, 2007. Burish scored his first NHL goal in a 3-2 loss against the San Jose Sharks on January 22, 2008. On June 9, 2010, Burish won the Stanley Cup with the Blackhawks.
After Burish became a free agent, he signed a two-year deal, $1.15 million contract with the Dallas Stars. He spent 2 seasons with the Stars. After his contract with the Stars expired, Burish signed a four-year, $1.8 million contract with the San Jose Sharks and reunited with his University of Wisconsin teammate Joe Pavelski.
Career statistics[change | change source]
|2001–02||Green Bay Gamblers||USHL||61||24||33||57||122||1||0||0||0||0|
|2002–03||University of Wisconsin–Madison||NCAA||19||0||6||6||32||—||—||—||—||—|
|2003–04||University of Wisconsin–Madison||NCAA||43||6||13||19||63||—||—||—||—||—|
|2004–05||University of Wisconsin–Madison||NCAA||41||13||7||20||41||—||—||—||—||—|
|2005–06||University of Wisconsin–Madison||NCAA||40||8||21||29||67||—||—||—||—||—|
References[change | change source]
- "Badgers back on top with 2-1 win over BC". Wisconsin Badgers. Retrieved 2014-10-21.
- "Blackhawks Sign Adam Burish". Chicago Blackhawks. Retrieved 2014-10-21.
- "Blackhawks Close In On Opening Night Roster". Chicago Blackhawks. Retrieved 2014-10-21.
- "Sharks 3, Blackhawks 2". Chicago Blackhawks. Retrieved 2014-10-21.
- "Kane OT goal breaks Hawks' Stanley Cup drought". NHL. Retrieved 2014-10-21.
- "Dallas signs Adam Burish and Andrew Raycroft". Dallas Stars. Retrieved 2014-10-21.
- "Sharks Sign Forward Adam Burish". San Jose Sharks. Retrieved 2014-10-21.