Adidas Yeezy was the official sneaker and apparel collaborative project between Adidas and Kanye West. It consists of men's clothing, women's clothing, and footwear: Adidas Yeezy Boost 750, Adidas Yeezy Boost 350, and Adidas 950 Boots.
Clothing[change | change source]
The collaboration's first season was noted for its stripped down, ready-to-wear style, which drew on military clothing and flesh-toned colors. Vogue observed a downbeat aesthetic and "a protective toughness, a body-conscious severity that made the clothes more than a simple accessory."
Yeezy Boost[change | change source]
On December 3, 2013, Adidas confirmed a new footwear collaboration agreement with West. West confirmed the release of the Adidas Yeezy Boosts with an announcement on Twitter directing fans to the yeezy.supply domain.
The Yeezy Boosts release and the full Adidas collaboration was shown in New York City on February 12, 2015, streaming free to 50 theatres in 13 countries worldwide. An initial release of the Adidas Yeezy Boost 750 was limited to 9,000 pairs to be available only in New York City via the Adidas smartphone app; the Adidas Yeezy Boosts sold out in 10 minutes. Shoes released worldwide on February 28, 2015 were limited to select boutique stores with Adidas Consortium accounts and Adidas Originals stores.
References[change | change source]
- K. "Yeezy Supply". shop.yeezysupply.com. Archived from the original on 2016-01-31. Retrieved 2016-02-03.
- "Adidas ends massive deal with Kanye West after antisemitism controversy". The Washington Post. Retrieved July 31, 2023.
- Banks, Tim. "Yeezy Fall 2015 Ready-to-Wear Collection". Vogue. Retrieved March 26, 2016.
- Little, Lyneka (December 4, 2013). "Adidas Confirms New Deal with Kanye West". The Wall Street Journal. Retrieved December 6, 2013.
- "Kanye West to Live Stream Launch of Adidas Yeezy 750 Boost in Theaters". Pitchfork Media. February 11, 2015.
- "Kanye West's Yeezy 750 Boost Sneakers Restock After Selling Out". BET. February 28, 2015.