|Developer(s)||Adobe Systems, before that Macromedia|
|Initial release||November 3, 2002October 18, 2022|
|Type||Rich internet application|
Adobe Animate (formerly 2005 Macromedia Flash) is a rich internet application distributed by Adobe Systems. Adobe Flash and Adobe Flash Player were used to create and view animated content that could be placed on web pages. Adobe Flash was used commonly on the Internet by web browsers.
Flash was created by FutureWave (a multimedia company) in 1995. Then it was called "FutureSplash Animator" (this was Flash 1.0). FutureWave along with Flash were soon bought by Macromedia around 1997, who in December 2005 was again bought by Adobe Systems. From Flash version 2 to 8 it was called "Macromedia Flash", now it is called "Adobe Flash".
In 2016 they changed their name to Adobe Animate
How Adobe Flash was used[change | change source]
Video games[change | change source]
Flash video games are popular on the Internet, with websites like Newgrounds, Kongregate, and Armor Games are dedicated to Flash-based games. Popular Flash games include Transformice, Farmville, Alien Hominid, QWOP and Club Penguin.
References[change | change source]
- "What is Adobe Flash Player | FAQ | Adobe Flash Player". www.adobe.com. Retrieved 2021-09-22.
- "Adobe Flash Player End of Life". www.adobe.com. Retrieved 2021-09-22.
- Musil, Steven. "It's game over for FarmVille, as Flash also buys the farm". CNET. Retrieved 2022-02-03.
- "Alien Hominid (PS2) – ET palaa kotiin". www.pelit.fi. Retrieved 2022-02-03.
- "Adobe AIR". TechSpot. Retrieved 2021-05-05.
- "Do I need Adobe AIR, or should I remove it? [Explained]". Windows Report - Error-free Tech Life. 2020-07-24. Retrieved 2021-05-05.
- "Adobe Flash Platform * Submitting your iPhone application to the App Store". help.adobe.com. Retrieved 2021-05-05.