Adrien Maurice de Noailles, Duke of Noailles
|Adrien Maurice de Noailles|
|Duke of Noailles|
Adrien Maurice de Noailles
|Born||29 September 1778|
|Died||24 June 1766(aged 87)|
|Noble family||of Noailles|
|Spouse(s)||Françoise Charlotte d'Aubigné|
Françoise Adélaide , Countess of Armagnac
Amable Gabrielle, Duchess of Villars
Marie Louise, Duchess of La Force
Louis, Duke of Noailles
Marie Anne, Countess of Schleiden
|Father||Anne Jules de Noailles|
|Mother||Marie Françoise de Bournonville|
Adrien Maurice de Noailles, (3rd) Duke of Noailles (29 September 1678 – 24 June 1766) was a French aristocrat and soldier. He also acted as the Foreign Minister of France in 1744. As a result of his efforts in war he was created a 1702, a Grandee of Spain in 1711, and a Knight of the Order of Saint-Esprit in 1724. As well as a Marshal of France in 1734 by Louis XV.
Family[change | change source]
Son of Anne Jules de Noailles, Duke of Noailles on his father's death in 1708. He married Françoise Charlotte d'Aubigné, the niece and heiress of Louis XIV's wife Madame de Maintenon, with whom he had 4 daughters and 2 sons.
Children[change | change source]
- Françoise Adélaide de Noailles (1 September 1704 – January 1776), married Charles, Count of Armagnac in 1717, son of Louis of Lorraine, Count of Armagnac and had no issue; divorced in 1721;
- Amable Gabrielle de Noailles (18 February 1706 – September 1742), married Honoré Armand de Villars, Duke of Villars and had one daughter.
- Marie Louise de Noailles (8 September 1710 – 22 May 1782), married in 1737 to Jacques Nompar de Caumont, Duke of La Force and divorced in 1742; had no issue;
- Louis de Noailles, Duke of Ayen, Duke of Noailles (21 April 1713 – 22 August 1793), married Catherine Françoise Charlotte de Cossé-Brissac and had issue;
- Philippe de Noailles, Count of Noailles, Duke of Mouchy (27 December 1715 – 27 June 1794), married the famous Anne d'Arpajon (Lady-in-waiting to Marie Antoinette); Louis and his wife were executed in the Revolution;
- Marie Anne Françoise de Noailles (12 January 1719 – 29 June 1793), married in 1744 Ludwig Engelbert de La Marck (1701–1773), Count of Schleiden.