Afzal-ud-Daula, Asaf Jah V
Mir Tahniyat Ali Khan Bahadur
|5th Nizam of Hyderabad|
|Reign||16 May 1857 – 26 February 1869|
|Predecessor||Nasir-ud-dawlah, Asaf Jah IV|
|Successor||Mahbub Ali Khan, Asaf Jah VI|
|Born||11 October 1827|
Gufran Manzil, Hyderabad State, British India
|Died||26 February 1869 (aged 41)|
Hyderabad, Hyderabad State, British India
|Spouse||Sahebzadi Mahboob Begum|
Sahebzadi Allah Rakhi Begum
Sahebzadi Hussaini Begum
|Issue||Asaf Jah VI|
|House||Asaf Jahi Dynasty|
|Father||Nasir-ud-dawlah, Asaf Jah IV|
|Mother||Sahebzadi Dilawar unisa Begum Saheba|
Rubath for pilgrims of Hyderabad State[change | change source]
It initially consisted of 42 buildings, but with the expansion of the Grand Mosque, only three buildings remain.
Other reforms[change | change source]
During the regime of the Nizam V- Mir Tahniyath Ali Khan Siddiqi (Afzal-ud-Dawlah), Dar-ul-Uloom, the first regular educational institution of Hyderabad, was set up in 1854.
Death[change | change source]
References[change | change source]
- Law, John. Modern Hyderabad (Deccan). pp. 25–27.
- "Hajj 2018: Draw for free accommodation at Nizam Rubath today in Hyderabad, Telangana". ummid. April 10, 2018.
- Law, John. Modern Hyderabad (Deccan). pp. 34–37.
- "Osmania University first to teach in blend of Urdu and English".
- "Nasir-ud-Daula & Afzal-ud-daula | Telangana History: From Nizam's to Integration into Indian Union".