Geography[change | change source]
Agra district is bounded by Mathura District on the north, Dholpur District of Rajasthan state on the south, Firozabad District on the east and Bharatpur District of Rajasthan State on the west. Area of the district is 4027 km².
Divisions[change | change source]
Agra district comprises 6 tehsils. The tehsils are Etmadpur, Agra, Kiraoli, Kheragarh, Fatehabad and Bah. The headquarters of the district is Agra city. The district consists of 15 blocks, namely Etmadpur, Khandauli, Shamshabad, Fatehabad, Jagner, Kheragarh, Saiyan, Achhnera, Akola, Bichpuri, Fatehpur Sikri, Barauli Ahir, Bah, Pinahat and Jaitpur Kalan.
The division comprises 3 Lok Sabha constituencies namely Jalesar, Firozabad and Agra. There are 9 Vidhan Sabha constituencies in the district. They are Bah, Fatehabad, Etmadpur, Dayal Bagh, Agra Cantonment, Agra East, Agra West, Kheragarh and Fatehpur Sikri.
Demographics[change | change source]
|Religions in Agra District|
According to the 2011 census Agra district has a population of 4,380,793, roughly equal to the nation of Moldova or the US state of Kentucky. This gives it a ranking of 41st in India (out of a total of 640). The district has a population density of 1,084 inhabitants per square kilometre (2,810/sq mi)  Hindus are 88.77% and Muslims are 9.30% in Agra district. Its population growth rate over the decade 2001-2011 was 21%. Agra has a sex ratio of 859 females for every 1000 males, and a literacy rate of 69.44%.
Reference[change | change source]
- "General Administration". Agra district Official website. Italic or bold markup not allowed in:
- "District Census 2011". Census2011.co.in. 2011. Retrieved 2011-09-30.
- US Directorate of Intelligence. "Country Comparison:Population". Retrieved 2011-10-01.
Moldova 4,314,377 July 2011 est.
- "2010 Resident Population Data". U. S. Census Bureau. Archived from the original on 2010-12-25. Retrieved 2011-09-30.
Kentucky 4,339,367Cite uses deprecated parameter
- "Muslim growth outsmarts Hindus for the first time in Mughal city Agra".