|Commenced operations||18 November 1996|
|Hubs||Kuala Lumpur International Airport|
|Focus cities||Singapore Changi Airport|
|Frequent-flyer program||BIG Loyalty Programme|
|Destinations||88 incl. affiliate airlines|
|Company slogan||Now Everyone Can Fly|
|Parent company||Tune Group|
|Headquarters||Registered office: Petaling Jaya, Selangor
Head office: Kuala Lumpur International Airport
|Revenue||RM 5.19 billion/US$ 1.58 billion (2013)|
|Net income||RM 364 million/US$ 111 million (2013)|
AirAsia Berhad (Template:Myx) is a Malaysian low-cost airline based in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. It has been named as the world's best low-cost airline, and a pioneer of low-cost travel in Asia. AirAsia group operates domestic and international flights to 100 destinations in 22 countries. Its main hub is the klia2 (LCCT) at Kuala Lumpur International Airport (KLIA).
Affliates[change | change source]
These are AirAsia's affiliate airlines and their hubs:
- AirAsia India (Kempegowda International Airport)
- AirAsia Japan (Chūbu Centrair International Airport)
- AirAsia X (Kuala Lumpur International Airport)
- AirAsia Zest (Ninoy Aquino International Airport)
- Indonesia AirAsia (Soekarno–Hatta International Airport)
- Philippines AirAsia (Ninoy Aquino International Airport)
- Thai AirAsia (Don Mueang International Airport)
References[change | change source]
- "AirAsia BIG Loyalty Programme". Airasia.com. Retrieved 31 May 2014.
- "Aireen Omar dilantik CEO AirAsia Malaysia". 18 June 2012. Retrieved 18 June 2012.
- "AirAsia net profit dips on unfavourable forex and higher finance cost". AsiaOne. 27 February 2014. Retrieved 2 March 2014.
- "AIRASIA is named as the World's Best Low-Cost Airline at the 2012 World Airline Awards held at Farnborough Air Show". The World Airline Awards. 2012. Retrieved 12 April 2013.
- Bernama (13 July 2012). "AirAsia named Skytrax's World Best Low Cost Airline". New Straits Times. Retrieved 11 April 2013.
- Kurlantzick, Joshua (23 December 2007). "Does Low Cost Mean High Risk?". The New York Times. Retrieved 28 April 2010.