|Hubs||Hosea Kutako International Airport|
|Secondary hubs||Eros Airport|
|Fleet size||10 |
Air Namibia is the flag carrier of Namibia. It is based in Windhoek. It began in 1947 with the name South West Air Transport. The name was changed to Namib Air in 1966. The government of South Africa bought the airline in 1982. The Air Namibia name was introduced in October 1991. In 2009, Air Namibia launched a frequent-flyer program. It is called Reward$. Before 2013, Air Namibia used to borrow planes from other companies. In 2011, Air Namibia bought two new Airbus A319. They were delivered in 2013 and are now owned by the airline.
Gallery[change | change source]
References[change | change source]
- "Air Namibia Fleet Details and History". Retrieved 10 May 2016.
- "Air Namibia Flight Bookings - SA Airlines". Retrieved 10 May 2016.
- "FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BOLD". Retrieved 10 May 2016.
- "Air Namibia flight schedule". Retrieved 10 May 2016.
- "Air Namibia Flight Bookings & Vouchers - SW Flights". Retrieved 10 May 2016.
- "Reward$". Air Namibia. Retrieved 10 May 2016.