Alan Wolf Arkin (born March 26, 1934) is an American actor, director, musician, and singer with a career that had last for 55 years. He is mostly known for his Academy Award winning role as Edwin Hoover in Little Miss Sunshine (2006) and for his award-nominated role as Lester Siegel in Argo (2012).
Arkin has also appeared in small-roles or cameo appearances such as in The Muppets (2011). He has won a BAFTA Award, a Golden Globe Award, a Genie Award, a Drama Desk Award, and a Tony Award.
In 2019, he will star in the Disney movie Dumbo as J. Griffin Remington.
Arkin was born in Brooklyn, New York City on March 26, 1934. He was educated at Bennington College and The Second City.
Arkin was married to Jeremy Yaffe from 1955 until they divorced in 1961, later he married Barbara Dana from 1964 until they divorced during the 1990s, and is currently married to Suzanne Newlander since 1996. He has two sons with Yaffe including actor Adam Arkin, and 1 with Dana. He has lived in Carlsbad, California since 2007.
References[change | change source]
- ↑ "Alan Arkin biography". Yahoo! Movies. 2008. Archived from the original on December 16, 2006. Retrieved December 9, 2006.
Other websites[change | change source]
- Alan Arkin on IMDb
- Alan Arkin at AllMovie
- Alan Arkin at the Internet Broadway Database
- 1934 births
- Living people
- Academy Award winning actors
- Actors from New York City
- American movie actors
- American movie directors
- American television actors
- American stage actors
- BAFTA Award winning actors
- Drama Desk Award winners
- Golden Globe Award winning actors
- Jewish American actors
- Musicians from New York City
- Singers from New York City
- Tony Award winning actors