Cheuse was involved in a car accident on July 14, 2015 on California State Route 17 while driving from Nevada City to Santa Cruz, California. He was reported to be in a coma on July 20, 2015 with injuries including fractured ribs, cervical vertebrae, and an acute subdural hematoma. He died on July 31, 2015 from his injuries at the age of 75 in San Jose, California.
References[change | change source]
- Carolyn Kellogg, "NPR book reviewer Alan Cheuse in a coma after car accident in California", Los Angeles Times, 20 July 2015.
- Colin Dwyer, "Alan Cheuse, Novelist And Longtime NPR Contributor, Dies At 75", NPR News, 31 July 2015.
Other websites[change | change source]
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Alan Cheuse.|
- Alan Cheuse's official website
- George Mason profile
- Littoral interview with Alan Cheuse about his novel To Catch the Lightning, (2008)
- Public radio interview with Alan Cheuse about historical fiction and his novel To Catch the Lightning, (2008)
- Tennessee Writers Project biography
- Alan Cheuse bio at NPR
- Santa Fe Writers Project
- Alan Cheuse on 'Song of Slaves in the Desert'