Albert II, Prince of Monaco
|Prince of Monaco|
|Reign||6 April 2005 – present|
|Regency||31 March 2005 – 6 April 2005|
|Born||14 March 1958|
|Spouse||Charlene Wittstock (2011–present)|
Princess Gabriella, Countess of Carladès
Jacques, Hereditary Prince of Monaco
Jazmin Grace Grimaldi
|House||House of Grimaldi|
|Father||Rainier III, Prince of Monaco|
His Serene Highness Prince Albert II of Monaco (born 14 March 1958) is the ruler of Monaco. He became ruler after his father Prince Ranier III died in April 2005. He is the only son and the middle of three children of Rainer and his wife Grace Kelly.
Titles and styles[change | change source]
Albert has held three positions:
- 14 March 1958–6 April 2005: His Serene Highness, The Hereditary Prince of Monaco, Marquis of Baux.
- 31 March 2005–6 April 2005: His Serene Highness, The Prince Regent of Monaco.
- 6 April 2005–present: His Serene Highness, The Sovereign Prince of Monaco.
Legitimate children[change | change source]
Prince Albert and his wife Charlene had twins:
- Princess Gabriella, Countess of Carladès. (10 December 2014–present)
- Prince Jacques, Hereditary Prince of Monaco. Heir to the throne of Monaco. (10 December 2014–present)
Health[change | change source]
On 19 March 2020, amid the large-scale outbreak of COVID-19, it was officially announced that Albert II had tested positive. This made Albert II the first monarch and head of state to have tested positive for COVID-19. On 31 March, it was announced that he had made a full recovery.
Ancestry[change | change source]
|Relatives of Albert II, Prince of Monaco|
References[change | change source]
- "Biography - Prince's Palace of Monaco". Archived from the original on 15 November 2013. Retrieved 28 January 2013.
- "Prince Albert of Monaco tests positive for COVID-19 coronavirus" euronews, 19 March 2020
- Mack, David (19 March 2020). "Prince Albert II Of Monaco Is The First Head Of State To Announce A COVID-19 Diagnosis". Buzzfeed News. Retrieved 19 March 2020.
- "JazminGraceGrimaldi on Instagram: "Bravo! Prayers have been answered and my Father has announced he is healed and healthy from the devastating Corona Virus! He is now free to…"". Instagram. Retrieved 2020-04-01.