|New York Yankees — No. 13|
|Born: July 27, 1975
New York, New York
|Bats: Right||Throws: Right|
|July 8, 1994 for the Seattle Mariners|
|Runs batted in||2,086|
|On-base plus slugging||.930|
He is currently first in runs scored and total bases; second in extra base hits and RBI, and 4th in hits among all players in baseball history since their 31st birthday. Also, Rodriguez has more HR, RBI, runs scored and more base hits than all-time leaders Hank Aaron (RBI), Barry Bonds (HR), Rickey Henderson (runs scored), and Pete Rose (hits) did before their 31st birthdays. He is the youngest player ever to hit 500 home runs, breaking the record Jimmie Foxx set in 1939.
His playing career ended in August of 2016.
References[change | change source]
- "Alexander Emmanuel Rodriguez". http://myautographsource.com/Balls/Alex-Rodriguez-Autograph. Retrieved 2008-07-17.
- "500 Home Runs Club". http://www.baseball-almanac.com/hitting/hi500c.shtml. Retrieved 2008-07-17.
- Allen Barra (2006-08-29). "Alex Rodriguez is one of the greatest Yankees ever". Village Voice. http://villagevoice.com/nyclife/0635,barra,74310,15.html.
- Stan McNeal (2008-01-17). "Alex the greatest for the second straight year, general managers put A-Rod at the top of our list of baseball's 50 best players". Sporting News. Archived from the original on 2012-05-30. http://archive.is/klsH.
- Gary Graves (2008-01-17). "Players tab Bonds as game's best player". USA Today. http://www.usatoday.com/sports/baseball/02allstar/2002-07-09-survey.htm.
- Gabe Lacques (2016-08-08). "Alex Rodriguez announces retirement, will play final game Friday". USA Today. http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/mlb/2016/08/07/alex-rodriguez-yankees-retire/88357576/.
Other websites[change | change source]
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to: Alex Rodriguez|
|Wikiquote has a collection of quotations related to: Alex Rodriguez|
- Alex Rodríguez at The Internet Movie Database
- AROD.com - Alex Rodriguez's official website
- A-Rod's Salary: Watching for Collusion on Time.com
- ESPN E-Ticket article - Alex Rodriguez 2007, King of Gotham?
- Men's Vogue April 2008 feature article on A-Rod