Alexander Alexandrovich Volkov
Алекса́ндр Алекса́ндрович Во́лков
|1st President of the Udmurt Republic|
3 November 2000 – 19 February 2014
|Preceded by||Post Established|
|Succeeded by||Aleksandr Solovyov|
|Born||25 December 1951|
Bryansk, RSFSR, USSR
|Died||20 May 2017 (aged 65)|
|Political party||United Russia|
|Spouse(s)||Nina Alexandrovna Volkova|
Alexander Alexandrovich Volkov (Udmurt and Russian: Алекса́ндр Алекса́ндрович Во́лков; 25 December 1951 – 20 May 2017) was the President of the Udmurt Republic. As President, Volkov was the highest official in the Udmurt Republic, the head of the republic's highest executive body, and leader of its two million citizens.
Volkov took office November 3, 2000, for a five-year term after the first presidential elections in the Udmurt Republic took place on October 15, 2000. Befor the elections, Volkov was the speaker of the Udmurtia Republican Legislature.
References[change | change source]
- "Умер первый президент Удмуртии Александр Волков". Удмуртия (in Russian). 20 May 2017.
Other websites[change | change source]
- Enc. Official Site Archived 2007-09-30 at Archive.today
- Gazprom.ru Gazprom's delegation visited machine building compainies in Perm region and Udmurtia Archived 2007-09-30 at the Wayback Machine
- GDF.ru - 'The Mass Media in Udmurtia, Or A Summer Journey to Izhevsk', Alexander Mnatsakanyan Archived 2005-05-09 at the Wayback Machine
- Udmurt.ru Official President's webpage (Udmurt Republic Press Service) Archived 2007-04-23 at Archive.today
- Personal Life