Alex Dalgarno (photo:L.Bastille)
|Born||5 January 1928|
|Died||9 April 2015(aged 87)|
Alexander Dalgarno FRS (5 January 1928 – 9 April 2015) was a British physicist. He was a Phillips Professor of Astronomy at Harvard University. He worked in theoretical chemistry, scattering theory, atmospheric physics & chemistry and astrophysics. He was known as the "father of molecular astrophysics".
References[change | change source]
- "Alexander Dalgarno". Harvard.edu. Retrieved April 10, 2015.
Other websites[change | change source]
Quotations related to Alexander Dalgarno at Wikiquote
- Interview with Alexander Dalgarno
- A volume honouring Alexander Dalgarno
- His International Academy of Quantum Molecular Science page
- Autobiographical article in Annual Reviews of Astronomy and Astrophysics