All-Russian Society of Philatelists
Всероссийское общество филателистов
|Abbreviation||Russian: ВОФ (VOF), Russian: ВОК (VOK)|
|Predecessor||Moscow Society of Philatelists and Collectors|
|Successor||All-Union Society of Philatelists, All-Union Society of Collectors|
|Formation||6 April 1923|
|Founded at||Moscow, USSR|
|Legal status||national association|
|Purpose||philately, scripophily,[a] numismatics, ex-libris collection|
|Headquarters||31 Herzen Street|
Chairman of the Board
|Vladimir Repman (1923–1924)|
Leongard Eichfuss (1924–1925)
Boris Bildin (1925–1928)
Kazimir Dunin-Barkovsky (1928–1934)
Deputy Chairman of the Board
|B. F. Pamfilov|
|B. S. Pashkov|
|E. I. Markevich|
|Board of the Society|
Publication: Soviet Philatelist
|Remarks||private persons, 51 regional branches (1927)|
All-Russian Society of Philatelists[b] was a national philatelic organisation in Soviet Russia established in 1923. Later on, it was subsequently renamed and reorganised into the All-Union Society of Philatelists[c] and the All-Union Society of Collectors.[d]
History[change | change source]
The idea of a new countrywide philatelic society was supported by the Russian Bureau of Philately at the RSFSR National Commissariat of Post and Telegraphs in 1922. On 15 March 1923, the charter of the All-Russian Society of Philatelists was approved. On 6 April 1923 its first meeting took place in Moscow. The society's branches worked in Yerevan, Tiflis, Tashkent, Ashgabat, Baku, and other cities. In 1924–1925, the First All-Union Philatelic Exhibition was held. The All-Russian Society of Philatelists published the Soviet Philatelist journal (1922–1932). It existed till the late 1930s.
Related pages[change | change source]
- First All-Union Philatelic Exhibition
- Organisation of the Commissioner for Philately and Scripophily
- Philatelic International
- Soviet Philatelic Association
- Soviet Philatelist
Notes[change | change source]
References[change | change source]
- Polchaninov, R. (1986). Translated by G. Shalimoff and D. Skipton. "From the history of philately in the USSR". Rossica: Journal of the Rossica Society of Russian Philately. 108–109: 46–52. ISSN 0035-8363. Archived from the original on 2015-05-15. Retrieved 2015-05-15.
[Reprinted from 'Novoye Russkoye Slovo', New York, 27 July 1986, in the column 'Collector's Corner']CS1 maint: bot: original URL status unknown (link)Archived from on 2015-05-15.
- Владинец, Н. И. [Vladinets, N. I.] (1977). "Филателия" [Philately]. In Прохоров, А. М., гл. ред. (ed.). Большая советская энциклопедия: в 30 т. (1970–1979) [The Great Soviet Encyclopedia] (in Russian and English). 27 (Ульяновск — Франкфорт) (3rd ed.). М.: Советская энциклопедия. Archived from the original on 2015-05-15. Retrieved 2015-05-15.CS1 maint: multiple names: authors list (link)
- Manykina, V. (2015-02-23). "Philately in Russia, Part 2". Russia-IC: Culture & Arts: Manners, Customs and Traditions. Russia-InfoCentre; Guarant-InfoCentre. Archived from the original on 2015-05-15. Retrieved 2015-05-15.
Further reading[change | change source]
- Grant, J. (July 1995). "The socialist construction of philately in the early Soviet era". Comparative Studies in Society and History. 37 (3): 476–493. ISSN 0010-4175. doi:10.1017/S0010417500019770. Archived from the original on 2015-05-15. Retrieved 2015-05-15. Archived from the original and another source on 2015-05-15.
Other websites[change | change source]
- Media related to All-Russian Society of Philatelists at Wikimedia Commons