|Release date||November 6, 2014|
Amazon Echo is a voice command device. It is a product of Amazon.com. The product can play music and answers questions. It is a nine-inches-tall, cylinder-shaped device. It responds to the name "Alexa," though this can be changed to "Amazon" or "Echo."
Amazon Echo was released on November 6, 2014 through Amazon.com. Many critics gave it positive reviews. Gizmodo believed that Amazon Echo is "the most innovative device Amazon made in years." Many critics believe Amazon Echo is similar to Apple Inc.'s Siri, as well as Alphabet Inc.'s Google Home. Amazon Echo is the second device released by Amazon.com in 2014, after the Amazon Fire TV.
References[change | change source]
- Stone, Brad; Soper, Spencer (2014-11-06). "Amazon Unveils a Listening, Talking, Music-Playing Speaker for Your Home". Bloomberg Businessweek. Bloomberg L.P. Retrieved 2014-11-07.
- Martin, Taylor (January 16, 2017). "How to change Alexa's name". CNET. Retrieved July 17, 2020.
- "Amazon Echo is another step toward commoditizing your personal life". Mashable Business. 2014-11-07. Retrieved 2014-11-07.
- "Amazon's Echo Might Be Its Most Important Product In Years". Gizmodo. 2014-11-06. Retrieved 2014-11-07.
- "Amazon's 'Echo' is a standalone Siri-like virtual assistant for the home". Mashable Business. 2014-11-07. Retrieved 2014-11-07.
- "Google Home now lets you shop at Target with just your voice". The Verge. Retrieved 2017-10-13.