American Ballet Theatre (ABT), is a classical ballet company based in New York City. It has an annual eight week season at the Metropolitan Opera House Lincoln Center. It tours around the world the rest of the year. American Ballet Theatre was founded in 1937 by Mikhail Mordkin. It is recognized as one of the world's leading classical ballet companies. American Ballet Theatre is the parent company of the Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis School. It was recognized as "America's National Ballet Company" in 2006 by the United States Congress.
References[change | change source]
- American Ballet Theatre (May 25, 2006). "United States Congress Honors American Ballet Theatre". Ballet Theatre Foundation, Inc. Archived from the original on October 11, 2011. Retrieved January 26, 2012.
- American Ballet Theatre (May 25, 2006). "Company History". Ballet Theatre Foundation, Inc. Archived from the original on May 25, 2011. Retrieved January 26, 2012.
Other websites[change | change source]
- Official website
- American Ballet Theatre entry in the Encyclopædia Britannica Archived 2006-01-08 at the Wayback Machine
- American Ballet Theatre entry in the Columbia Encyclopedia Archived 2007-11-17 at the Wayback Machine
- Archive footage of ABT (then Ballet Theatre) performing Interplay in 1949 at Jacob's Pillow
- Daily Telegraph obituary of Georgina Parkinson, December 20, 2009
- NY Times obituary of Georgina Parkinson, December 18, 2009
- NYPL theatrical lighting database, complete lighting paperwork for Fall River Legend