American Society of Civil Engineers
Jump to navigation Jump to search
The American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE) founded in 1852 to represent members of the civil engineering profession worldwide is the oldest national engineering society in the United States. Its world headquarters is in Reston, Virginia.
Mission[change | change source]
- Developing leadership skills in its members and supporting civil engineer leaders;
- Facilitating advancement of the technology utilized by the profession;
- Encouraging and providing tools for lifelong learning within the profession;
- Advocating infrastructure and environmental stewardship; and
- Promoting professionalism and the civil engineering profession.
Other websites[change | change source]
- ASCE (Official Website)
- Levees.Org Grassroots organization critical of the ASCE's investigation into the New Orleans area levee failures.
- YouTube video Satire spoofing cozy relationship between ASCE and Army Corps of Engineers
- Video about ASCE selected Seven Wonders of the Modern World. A virtual satellite tour made with Google Earth (02:38)
- Report Card Official Web Page 2009 Report Card for America's Infrastructure.