Andrew M. Yang
January 13, 1975
Schenectady, New York, U.S
|Political party||Forward (2021–present)|
|Democratic (until 2021)|
Evelyn Yang (m. 2010)
|Residence||New York City, New York, U.S|
|Awards||Presidential Ambassador of Global Entrepreneurship (2015) White House Champion of Change (2012)|
Andrew M. Yang (born January 13, 1975) is an American entrepreneur, political commentator and politician. He is the Founder of Venture for America. He was a candidate for President of the United States in the 2020 presidential election. Until 2021, he was a Democrat. Yang ran for Mayor of New York City in the 2021 election. In 2021, he founded the Forward Party.
Career[change | change source]
Yang has started and helped run new companies and companies in their early stages. He is the author of Smart People Should Build Things, a book about entrepreneurship, published by HarperCollins, and The War on Normal People, about people's jobs being replaced by technology, published by Hachette Book Group.
2020 presidential campaign[change | change source]
In November 2017, Yang filed to run for President of the United States in 2020 as a Democrat. Supporters of Yang are known as the "Yang Gang". Yang proposed that the government should pay all Americans $1000 every month. He ended his campaign on February 11, 2020 after a poor performance in the New Hampshire primary. Days later, Yang joined CNN as a political commentator.
2021 New York City mayoral campaign[change | change source]
On December 24, 2020 Yang filled paperwork to run for Mayor of New York City in the 2021 election. He officially entered the race on January 13, 2021. On July 6, 2021, Associated Press announced that Eric Adams won the Democratic primary.
References[change | change source]
- Lahut, Jake (September 23, 2021). "Andrew Yang's new 3rd party will be called 'The Forward Party,' according to his forthcoming book". Insider Inc. Retrieved September 23, 2021.
- Yang, Andrew. "Smart People Should Build Things - Andrew Yang - E-book". HarperCollins US. Retrieved 2017-02-01.
- Yang, Andrew (May 2018). The War on Normal People: The Truth About America's Disappearing Jobs and Why Universal Basic Income Is Our Future. Hachette Books. ISBN 978-0316414241.
- "His 2020 Campaign Message: The Robots Are Coming". Retrieved 2018-02-10.
- ""Politics Analysis The Trailer: 2020 has its candidate for people who hate politicians"". Retrieved 2019-03-27.
- "Andrew Yang ends his campaign for presidency". USA Today. February 11, 2020. Retrieved February 11, 2020.
- Weprin, Alex (February 19, 2020). "Andrew Yang Joins CNN as a Political Commentator". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved February 19, 2020.
- "Andrew Yang is running for mayor of New York City". The Verge. 23 December 2020. Retrieved December 25, 2020.
- Andrew Yang [@AndrewYang] (January 14, 2021). "I moved to New York City 25 years ago. I came of age, fell in love, and became a father here. Seeing our City in so much pain breaks my heart. Let's fight for a future New York City that we can be proud of – together. Join us at YangforNY.com" (Tweet) – via Twitter.
- Matthews, Karen (6 July 2021). "Eric Adams wins Democratic primary in NYC's mayoral race". Associated Press. Retrieved 6 July 2021.
Other websites[change | change source]