Work[change | change source]
Henriques started "Cyprus Stop Trafficking", a group to fight human trafficking. She became the president of the group. She also worked to get the government of Cyprus to stop human trafficking.
In 2008, Cyprus Stop Trafficking had a conference in Cyprus to help stop human trafficking. There were speakers from the United States and the European Union. There were also people from the National Police, the House of Representatives, the Attorney General's Office, the Turkish-Cypriot community, several NGOs, and many journalists.
Awards[change | change source]
- In 2012, she received the rank of Commander in the National Order of Merit from Jean-Luc Florentby, France's ambassador to Cyprus.
Other websites[change | change source]
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to International Women of Courage Award.|
- 2010 International Women of Courage Awards, U.S. State Department photostream on Flickr
- Secretary's International Women of Courage Award (U.S. Department of State)
References[change | change source]
- "2010 International Women of Courage Award".
- "Feminist Wire Daily Newsbriefs: U.S. and Global News Coverage". msmagazine.com.
- "Founder of Cyprus Stop Trafficking Commander in the National Order of Merit". famagusta-gazette.com.
- "U.S. Embassy Honors 2010 International Women of Courage Award Winner Androula Henriques for Anti-Trafficking Work - Embassy of the United States Nicosia Cyprus". usembassy.gov.