|Promotional single by Nirvana|
|from the album From the Muddy Banks of the Wishkah|
|Released||October 8, 1996|
|Recorded||Del Mar, California, December 28, 1991|
|Nirvana singles chronology|
|"Aneurysm" at YouTube|
"Aneurysm" is a song by American grunge band Nirvana. The song was released in 1996. It was released in two studio versions, as well as a live version that was featured on the album Muddy Banks of the Wishkah and was released in 1996 as a promotional single.
On the Billboard charts, "Aneurysm" was able to peak at #11 on the Mainstream Rock, #13 on the Alternative Songs, and #63 on the Radio Songs charts.
The first studio version of "Aneurysm" was recorded on 1 January 1991 by producer Craig Montgomery and it appeared on the 1991 single Smells Like Teen Spirit as a b-side. The second studio version of the song was recorded on 9 November 1991 at Maida Vale Studios for Mark Goodier's BBC session and it was first aired on 18 November 1991. A live performance of the song by Nirvana was recorded in 1991 at Del Mar Fairgrounds, California. It was released later as a promotional single in 1996 on the live album From the Muddy Banks of the Wishkah.
References[change | change source]
- ↑ "Nirvana Album & Song Chart History (Alternative Songs)". Billboard. Archived from the original on 21 June 2017. Retrieved 13 March 2015.
- ↑ "Nirvana Album & Song Chart History (Mainstream Rock)". Billboard. Archived from the original on 6 August 2016. Retrieved 13 March 2015.
- ↑ "Nirvana Album & Song Chart History (Radio Songs)". Billboard. Archived from the original on 1 December 2015. Retrieved 13 March 2015.
- ↑ St Thomas, Kurt; Smith, Troy (2004). Nirvana: The Chosen Rejects. St Martin's Griffin. pp. 79. ISBN 0312206631. Retrieved 13 March 2015.
- ↑ Crisafulli, Chuck (1996). Nirvana: The Stories Behind the Songs. Omnibus Press. pp. 77. ISBN 0711958092. Retrieved 13 March 2015.