Angry Birds Toons
|Angry Birds Toons|
|Starring||Antti LJ Pääkkönen, Antti Pääkkönen, Pasi Ruohonen, Lynne Guaglione, Heljä Heikkinen, Rauno Ahonen, Chris Sadler|
|Country of origin||Finland|
|No. of seasons||5|
|No. of episodes||111 (list of episodes)|
|First shown in||Canada|
|Original release||17 March 2013 – 13 May 2016|
Characters[change | change source]
The characters in Angry Birds Toons are birds, pigs, and other animals. None of the characters in the series say anything. Birds chirp, pigs grunt. But these sounds, including shouts, groans, growls, squeaks, squeals, laughter, etc., are being published by people, Finnish actors (often the authors of the series themselves are scriptwriters, directors, composers).
Birds[change | change source]
- Red is an obvious leader among birds. He takes care of eggs especially, gives them all his free time. He tries to destroy the pigs at the first opportunity.
- Jake, Jim & Jay, are the three twin brothers, cheerful and active chicks. They like pranks, often their actions lead to trouble. They love to make fun of other birds and pigs.
- Chuck is fast and athletic, a little vain and presumptuous. It has the ability to accelerate so that everything around it slows down.
- Matilda is caring, kind, loves children, has culinary skills, although sometimes her cooking can only be fed by pigs. Has something to do with the hippy culture.
- Bomb is cheerful, and at the same time aggressive. He likes ice cream, corn and knows how to blow up. He wants to do "heroic" deeds.
- Bubbles is cheerful and friendly, very fond of sweets, and when he takes candy, he gets furious and does everything to get the sweets back. Like the blue birds are a child.
- Terence as shown in the cartoon, sullen, rugged and stern, even a bit wild. It is calm and durable, like a wall. But, despite this, sometimes he smiles.
- The Eggs are the children of birds. According to the plot, they want to steal pigs and cook eggs from them. Each of the adult birds wants to instill in their offspring their character.
Pigs[change | change source]
For More See "Pigs from Angry Birds Toons"
- The Minion Pigs are the main population of Pig City, loyal servants of the King, are ready to fulfill any order. Very sociable and social, they adore parties and holidays. Do not recognize dignitaries without their headdress.
- King Pig is the leader of the pigs. He dreams of getting the eggs of the birds and making eggs out of them. Greedy, stupid, loves the sweet. I'm used to his orders that all obey. Sometimes it behaves like a child.
- Corporal Pig is a pig in the helmet. He leads the minions, and is also the head of the guard of the King Pig. Constantly trying to steal the eggs of the birds, but all his attempts and plans fail.
- Foreman Pig is the chief of security services and brigadier of Pig City. He wants to get a raise from the King of Pigs, for this he is ready for anything.
- Chef Pig is the chief cook and part-time adviser to the King Pig. He dreams of taking away his crown and becoming the ruler of Pig City.
- Chronicler Pig is the chronicler, priest, judge and master of ceremonies of Pig City, one of the most faithful servants of the King Pig. Very intelligent and calm.
- Professor Pig is an ingenious scientist and inventor, the truth of his creations does not always work properly.
- Fat Pig is strong, but narcissistic, arrogant and cowardly swine. He can sing very loudly.
- Hambo is stubborn and brave fighter, faithful disciple of Corporal. However, he is inattentive and a bit stupid.
- Muscle Pig is a pumped swine, used to solve all the problems with his immense power. Likes to fight, but on condition that he wins. Losing he can not stand.
Insects and other animals
. Butterfly is one of the insects in the show. Chuck looked at her as he descended the mountain. She also appeared in the episodes A Pig's Best Friend, El Porkador! and The Butterfly Effect.
. Fly is an insect in the show. After Red breathed on her with the smell of soup Matilda, she fell to the ground.
. Bee is an insect in the show. It stung a small pig in the nose.
. Fish are one of the animals in the show. They were in an aquarium in a pig house. He also appeared in the episodoes Catch Of The Day. In the Sink or Swim episode, the red fish laughed at Red when he tried to learn to swim, and even photographed it.
. The Snail is an animal on the show. It has found the shape of a pig through the Chef, who tested his potion, turning all living things into pigs.
. Lamb is a character on the show. She threw in the disguised birds Chef and two pigs.
. Crab is a character in the show. When Red tried to swim with a mask with a pipe, but he did not get out and he went to the bottom, the crab jumped on it.
. Sea Monster is a character on the show. It was awakened when the pigs threw a dog in it, tied to the anchor.
Perhaps in the cartoon there will be Hal, Stella, Mighty Eagle, other pigs, but they did not appear in the trailers or had a minor role in them.
Angry Birds Toons Episode List[change | change source]
- Chuck Time (First Appearance of Red and Chuck)
- Where's My Crown (First Appearance of the bad piggies, specifically, King Pig, Minion Pigs, and Corporal Pig)
- Full Metal Chuck (Debut of Jay, Jake, and Jim)
- Another Birthday
- Egg Sounds (Matilda's Debut)
- Pig Talent
- Cordon Bleugh
- True Blue? (The Blues' theme song is first featured. Also, it is Chef Pig's Debut)
- Do As I Say!
- Off Duty (Bomb's Debut)
- Slingshot 101
- Thunder Chuck
- Gardening with Terence (Debut of Terence)
- Dopeys On A Rope (Debut of Corporal Pig's new look)
- Trojan Egg
- Double Take
- Crash Test Piggies
- Slappy-Go-Lucky (Foreman Pig and Professor Pig's Debut)
- Sneezy Does It
- Run Chuck Run
- Hypno Pigs
- Egg's Day Out
- Gate Crasher
- Hog Roast
- The Bird That Cried Pig
- Hamshank Redemption (Prisoner Pig and Goliath Pig's Debut)
- Green Pig Soup
- Catch Of the Day
- Nighty Night Terence
- Piggy Wig
- Pig Plot Potion
- Tooth Royal
- Night Of the Living Pork (The Zombie Pigs and Bubbles' debut)
- King Of The Castle
- Love is in the Air (First Appearance of Chronicler Pig)
- Fired Up
- Clash of Corns
- A Pig's Best Friend
- Slumber Mill
- Jingle Yells
- El Porkador (Debut of Fat Pig, also known as El Porkador!)
- The Butterfly Effect
- Bird Flu
- Piggies From The Deep
- Oh Gnome!
- Shrub it In
- The Truce
- Operation Opera
- Chucked Out
- Bomb' s Awake (Final Season 1 Episode)
- Treasure Hunt
- Sweets of Doom
- Party Ahoy
- Hide and Seek
- Sink or Swim
- Super Bomb!
- Just So
- The Miracle of Life
- Cave Pig
- Joy to the Pigs
- Boulder Bro
- Not Without My Helmet
- Mona Litha
- Sir Bomb of Hamelot
- Bearded Ambition
- Cold Justice
- Slow the Chuck Down!
- Brutal vs. Brutal
- Eating Out
- The Great Eggscape
- Sleep Like A Hog
- Pig Possessed
- Epic Sax-Off (End of Season)
- Royal Heist (It is the first episode to be distributed by CAKE Distribution, which also distributed season 2 of Angry Birds Stella's series.)
- Bad Hair Day (It was released on the app before the website)
- Golditrotters (It was released on the app then the website)
- A Fistful of Cabbage
- The Porktrait
- Fix It!
- Age Rage
- Catching The Blues
- Last Tree Standing
- Happy Hippy
- Mind the Pony
- King of the Ring
- Spaced Out
- Battling Butlers
- Eggshaustion (This episode was not released in the UK, because there were some glitches with the episodes.)
- Short and Special
- Hocus Porcus
- Romance in a Bottle
- The Butler Did It!
- Bake On! (This episode will explain why the Chef Pig in Eggshaustion is a Minion Pig and not the original Chef Pig)
- Toy Hoggers (Season Finale!)
Development[change | change source]
Rovio had announced a TV series based on the Angry Birds video games for Q4 2012. They planed to produce 52 short (sub-3 minute) episodes. The series was produced by Finnish animation studio Kombo, which Rovio bought in June 2011. The series will have 52 episodes, 4 seasons, and the theme song will be Angry Birds. "I am happy to say we are going to roll out a weekly animation series this year of short format content," said Nick Dorra, head of animation at Rovio. It aired on the Angry Birds apps on March 16th and 17th of 2013.