|Angry Birds Toons|
|Created by||Mikael Hed|
|Based on||Angry Birds|
by Rovio Entertainment
|Opening theme||"Angry Birds Toons"|
|Country of origin||Finland|
|No. of seasons||3|
|No. of episodes||104 (list of episodes)|
|Producer(s)||Søren Fleng (season 1) |
Pablo Jordi (seasons 2, 3)
|Production company(s)||Rovio Entertainment|
|Distributor||Cake Entertainment (2015)|
Sony Pictures Home Entertainment (home media)
|Original network||Toons.TV, GMA Network, Discovery Kids (Latin America)|
|Original release||17 March 2013 - May 13, 2016|
Characters[change | change source]
The characters in Angry Birds Toons are birds, pigs, and other animals. None of the characters in the series say anything. Birds chirp, pigs grunt. But these sounds, including shouts, groans, growls, squeaks, squeals, laughter, etc., are being published by people, Finnish actors (often the authors of the series themselves are scriptwriters, directors, composers).
Birds[change | change source]
- Red is the red, round bird, and leader of the flock. He is bossy, poor at stress and anger management, and is perhaps the most dedicated on protecting the Eggs from being captured by the Pigs.
- The Blues are a trio of blue birds who are mischievous and fun-loving, pulling pranks on both the Pigs and the Birds. They're the youngest in the flock. Their names are Jim, Jake, and Jay.
- Chuck is a yellow triangular-shaped bird who can move incredibly fast, to the point of even slowing down time. He is incredibly arrogant and even possesses a hero complex at times, though he does have the flock's best interest at heart.
- Matilda is caring, kind, loves children, has culinary skills, although sometimes her cooking can only be fed by pigs. Has something to do with the hippy culture.
- Bomb is a black bird with a "fuse" on top of his head and has the ability to cause explosions at will. Bomb is laid back and has an active imagination. He is somewhat of a glutton, as he has a much greater appetite than the other birds.
- Bubbles is cheerful and friendly, very fond of sweets, and when he takes candy, he gets furious and does everything to get the sweets back. Like the blue birds are a child.
- Terence is a large red bird with a permanent grumpy appearance. He prefers to be silent, only growling to communicate, and rarely making eye contact (also doesn't blink). He normally moves around Weeping Angel style, disappearing and reappearing elsewhere only when other characters aren't looking at him. His immense weight and stonewall personality are comically worked into the episode plots.
- The Eggs are the children of birds. According to the plot, they want to steal pigs and cook eggs from them. Each of the adult birds wants to instill in their offspring their character.
Pigs[change | change source]
For More See "Pigs from Angry Birds Toons"
- Minion Pigs are the pigs who dutifully serve the King, although they would prefer to just have dumb fun. As a group, they're a competent and reliable work force, having constructed an entire city for their kind, in stark contrast to the tribal lifestyle of the birds.
- King Pig is a large pig with a crown on his head. He is gluttonous, lazy, stupid, and selfish. His ego is also very fragile, often behaving like a spoiled child when things don't go his way. A running gag in the show is that his palace is constantly being reduced to rubble by the various antics of both the birds and pigs.
- Corporal Pig is a militaristic pig who wears a helmet with an ace of spades playing card. He reveres King Pig and likes to bully others and order the minion pigs around. According to his Angry Birds profile, he had accidentally glued his tin helmet to his scalp, though one episode shows that it can be remove.
- Foreman Pig is a pig with a bright orange moustache and a blind eye who is in charge of the construction projects. He occasionally leads the charge for stealing the eggs when Corporal Pig isn't doing so.
- Chef Pig is a pig with a chef hat and French moustache who cooks for the King and frequently helps with egg stealing. He is actually incredibly devious, and will act against even the other pigs, including the king, if it suits him.
- Chronicler Pig is the chronicler, priest, judge and master of ceremonies of Pig City, one of the most faithful servants of the King Pig. Very intelligent and calm.
- Professor Pig is an ingenious scientist and inventor, the truth of his creations does not always work properly.
- Fat Pig is strong, but narcissistic, arrogant and cowardly swine. He can sing very loudly.
- Hambo is stubborn and brave fighter, faithful disciple of Corporal. However, he is inattentive and a bit stupid.
- Muscle Pig is a pumped swine, used to solve all the problems with his immense power. Likes to fight, but on condition that he wins. Losing he can not stand.
Insects and other animals[change | change source]
- The Butterfly is one of the insects in the show. Chuck looked at her as he descended the mountain. She also appeared in the episodes A Pig's Best Friend, El Porkador! and The Butterfly Effect.
- The Fly is an insect in the show. After Red breathed on her with the smell of soup Matilda, she fell to the ground.
- The Bee is an insect in the show. It stung a small pig in the nose.
- Fish are one of the animals in the show. They were in an aquarium in a pig house. He also appeared in the episodoes Catch Of The Day. In the Sink or Swim episode, the red fish laughed at Red when he tried to learn to swim, and even photographed it.
- The Snail is an animal on the show. It has found the shape of a pig through the Chef, who tested his potion, turning all living things into pigs.
- The Lamb is a character on the show. She threw in the disguised birds Chef and two pigs.
- The Crab is a character in the show. When Red tried to swim with a mask with a pipe, but he did not get out and he went to the bottom, the crab jumped on it.
- The Sea Monster is a character on the show. It was awakened when the pigs threw a dog in it, tied to the anchor.
Perhaps in the cartoon there will be Hal, Stella, Mighty Eagle, other pigs, but they did not appear in the trailers or had a minor role in them.
Angry Birds Toons episode list[change | change source]
Season 1 (2013-14)[change | change source]
- Chuck Time
- Where's My Crown?
- Full Metal Chuck
- Another Birthday
- Egg Sounds
- Pig Talent
- Cordon Bleugh!
- True Blue?
- Do as I say!
- Off Duty
- Slingshot 101
- Thunder Chuck
- Gardening with Terence
- Dopeys on a Rope
- Trojan Egg
- Double Take
- Crash Test Piggies
- Sneezy Does It
- Run Chuck Run
- Hypno Piggies
- Eggs Day Out
- Gate Crasher
- Hog Roast
- The Bird That Cried Pig!
- Hamshank Redimption
- Green Pig Soup
- Catch of the Day
- Nighty Night Terence
- Piggy Wig
- Pig Plot Potion
- Tooth Royal
- Night of the Living Pork
- King of the Castle
- Love is in the Air
- Fired Up
- Clash of Corns
- A Pig's Best Friend
- Slumber Mill
- Jingle Yells
- El Porkador
- The Butterfly Effect
- Bird Flu
- Piggies from the Deep
- Oh Gnome!
- Shrub It In
- The Truce
- Operation Opera
- Chucked Out
- Bomb's Awake
Season 2 (2014-15)[change | change source]
- Treasure Hunt
- Sweets of Doom
- Party Ahoy!
- Hide and Seek
- Sink or Swim
- Super Bomb
- Just So
- The Miracle of Life
- Cave Pig
- Joy to the Pigs
- Boulder Bro
- Chuck Mania
- Not Without My Helmet
- Mona Litha
- Sir Bomb of Hamelot
- Bearded Ambition
- Cold Justice
- Slow the Chuck Down
- Brutal vs. Brutal
- Eating Out
- The Great Eggscape
- Sleep like a Hog
- Pig Possessed
- Epic Sax-Off
Season 3 (2015-16)[change | change source]
- Royal Heist
- Bad Hair Day
- A Fistful of Cabbage
- The Porktrait
- Fix It!
- Age Rage
- Catch The Blues
- Last Tree Standing
- Happy Hippy
- Mind the Pony
- King of the Ring
- Spaced Out
- Battling Buttlers
- Short and Special
- Hocus Porcus
- Romance in a Bottle
- The Butler Did It!
- Bake On!
- Toy Hoggers
Development[change | change source]
Rovio had announced a TV series based on the Angry Birds video games for Q4 2012. They planed to produce 52 short (sub-3 minute) episodes. The series was produced by Finnish animation studio Kombo, which Rovio bought in June 2011. The series will have 52 episodes, 4 seasons, and the theme song will be Angry Birds. "I am happy to say we are going to roll out a weekly animation series this year of short format content," said Nick Dorra, head of animation at Rovio. It aired on the Angry Birds apps on March 16th and 17th of 2013.
References[change | change source]
- Milligan, Mercedes (24 June 2015). "Cake Inks 'Angry Birds' Deal with Rovio". Animation Magazine. Archived from the original on 2022-03-31. Retrieved 22 May 2017.
- "Angry Birds Toons | Teletoon". Archived from the original on 2013-09-04. Retrieved 2013-09-03.
- Angry Birds animated series coming this fall, is a movie next?
- Angry Birds animated TV series to premiere in Autumn 2012
- Rovio confirms Angry Birds mobile animation series