Antarctic Treaty System
The ATS is used for governing the continent. The main idea of the Antarctic Treaty System (ATS) is to make sure that Antarctica is:
- is used peacefully and taken care of.
- is not exploited or used for animal hunting.
- is not involved with military use unless for peaceful purposes.
- is not owned by one group.
- is not ruled by any country and/or continent.
- is not used for violence e.g. testing nuclear missiles.
References[change | change source]
- "ATS - The Antarctic Treaty". ats.aq. Retrieved November 29, 2010.