Apollo Carreón Quiboloy is the founder and leader of the Philippines-based Restorationist church called the Kingdom of Jesus Christ, Inc. He has made claims that he is "The Appointed Son of God".
Biography[change | change source]
Quiboloy was born on April 25, 1950 in the foothills of Mt. Apo in Davao City, and is the youngest of nine children of Kapampangans José Quiboloy y Turla and María Carreón y Quinto (born December 28, 1913). Both his parents were natives of Lubao, Pampanga, and had migrated to Davao following the end of the Second World War to find better jobs.[source?]
References[change | change source]
- Cabreza, Vincent; Demetillo, Donna (August 26, 2005). Philippine Daily Inquirer. Missing or empty
- Dacanay, Barbara Mae (May 4, 2010). "Arroyo welcomes cult leader's poll support". gulfnews.com. Retrieved January 20, 2011.
- Padillo, Maya M (March 20, 2010). "Villar is my mother's choice, says Quiboloy". The Mindanao Daily Mirror. Retrieved January 20, 2011.
- "Kingdom of Jesus Christ FAQ". Archived from the original on 2011-02-24. Cite uses deprecated parameter
- Official Website. "Pastor Apollo's birth and early years". Retrieved 26 July 2018.
- Todd Cabrera Lucero. "The Pastor and the President". Retrieved 19 May 2016.
- Who is Pastor Apollo Quiboloy?, Philippine Daily Inquirer
- Hodgart, Kenny (7 October 2016). "The Messiah friend of President Duterte". Asia Times. Retrieved 9 December 2016.