Austrian Airlines is the largest airline of Austria. Its main hub is the Vienna International Airport. It was founded on May 3, 1923.  Austrian bought its first jet aircraft in 1963. Austrian joined the Star Alliance on March 26, 2000.  The Government of Austria sold the airline in 2008. Lufthansa bought Austrian Airlines in 2009.  In April 2015, Austrian Airlines was combined with Tyrolean Airways. 
Gallery[change | change source]
References[change | change source]
- "Austrian Airlines - airlinefiles". airlinefiles.com.
- "Star Alliance". www.austrianairlines.ag.
- Welle (www.dw.com), Deutsche. "Lufthansa completes takeover of Austrian Airlines - DW - 03.09.2009". DW.COM.
- "Austrian, Tyrolean to merge in April next year". ch-aviation.
- Jun 23; Plus, 2005 ATW. "Austrian retires last MD-80". atwonline.com.