B. S. Abdur Rahman
Buhari Syed Abdur Rahman (15 October 1927 – 7 January 2015) was an Indian serial entrepreneur, philanthropist and educator. He had a range of business interests in the UAE and India. He was one of the 24 Indians to feature in The 500 Most Influential Muslims. Rahman was the Vice-chairman of Emirates Trading Agency from 1973 to 2015. He was the founder of B. S. Abdur Rahman University. Rahman was born in Kilakarai, Madras State, British India.
References[change | change source]
- John L. Esposito, Ibrahim Kalın, Usra Ghazi, Prince Alwaleed Center for Muslim–Christian Understanding. The 500 Most Influential Muslims. Royal Islamic Strategic Studies Centre, Createspace. ISBN 978-9957-428-37-2.CS1 maint: multiple names: authors list (link)
- "World's 500 'Most Influential Muslims': 24 Indians in the list; Mufti Akhtar Raza Khan, Mahmood Madani in first 50". Two circles.net. Retrieved 7 January 2015. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "An Era Ends With B S Abdur Rahman's Death". The New Indian Express. 8 January 2015. Retrieved 8 January 2015.
- "பிரபல கல்வியாளர், தொழிலதிபர் பி.எஸ். அப்துர் ரஹ்மான் சென்னையில் காலமானார்". Oneindia.in. 7 January 2015. Retrieved 7 January 2015.
- BS Abdur Rahman died in the hospital he built
Other websites[change | change source]
- ETA Ascon Star Group
- Thassim Beevi Abdul Kader College for Women Archived 2009-03-21 at the Wayback Machine
- Crescent Matriculation Higher Secondary School for Girls
- Crescent Matriculation Higher Secondary School
- B.S.Abdur Rahman Zakaat Fund Foundation Archived 2009-05-10 at the Wayback Machine
- Kilakarai Bukhari Aalim Arabic College
- B.S. Abdur Rahman
- ABR Enterprises Archived 2012-10-25 at the Wayback Machine