|Directed by||Ahmed Khan|
|Produced by||Sajid Nadiadwala|
|Written by||Ahmed Khan|
Niraj Kumar Mishra
|Based on||Kshanam (2016)|
by Ravikanth Perepu
|Cinematography||Santhana Krishnan Ravichandran|
|Edited by||Rameshwar S. Bhagat|
|Distributed by||Fox Star Studios|
|Budget||₹59 crore[better source needed] (Note: figure contains print and advertising costs}|
|Box office||est. ₹180 crore|
Baaghi 2 (transl. Rebel 2) is a 2018 Indian Hindi-language action thriller film directed by Ahmed Khan and produced by Sajid Nadiadwala under the banner of Nadiadwala Grandson Entertainment. Based on the Telugu film Kshanam, it stars Tiger Shroff and Disha Patani and it is a spiritual sequel to the 2016 film Baaghi. It is the second installment in the Baaghi film series. Prateik Babbar and Manoj Bajpayee were cast as the antagonists. It is followed by another spiritual sequel, Baaghi 3, which is again directed by Ahmed Khan and was released on 6 March 2020.
The film was released worldwide on 30 March 2018 including 3500 screens in India. The film received positive reviews and became a blockbuster. It was mainly praised for the action scenes performed by Shroff. Baaghi 2 grossed over ₹2.53 billion (US$43 million) worldwide to become the third highest-grossing Bollywood film of 2018.
Cast[change | change source]
- Tiger Shroff as Captain Ranveer "Ronnie" Pratap Singh: Neha's former boyfriend, an army officer, and Rhea's father
- Disha Patani as Neha Salgaonkar (née Rawat): Ronnie's former girlfriend, Rhea's mother and Shekhar's wife
- Manoj Bajpayee as DIG Ajay Shergill
- Randeep Hooda as ACP Loha "LSD" Singh Dhull
- Darshan Kumar as Shekhar Salgaonkar: Neha's husband and Rhea's stepfather
- Deepak Dobriyal as Usman Langda
- Prateik Babbar as Sunny Salgaonkar: Shekhar's brother and one of Rhea's kidnappers
- Arravya Sharma as Rhea Salgaonkar / Rhea Pratap Singh: Neha and Ronnie's daughter, Shekhar's stepdaughter
- Shaurya Bhardwaj as Colonel Ranjit Singh Walia: Ronnie's mentor and boss
- Vipin Sharma as Mahendra Kumar Rawat, Neha's father
- Sunit Morarjee as Inspector Sharad Kute
- Pushy Anand as Rhea's school principal
- Indraneel Bhattacharya as Anand Tyagi
- Ashwin Kaushal as the bungalow owner
- Jacqueline Fernandez as Mohini (in item song "Ek Do Teen")
References[change | change source]
- Hungama, Bollywood (4 January 2018). "Tiger Shroff – Disha Patani starrer Baaghi 2 to release on March 30 – Bollywood Hungama". Retrieved 25 April 2018.
- "Baaghi 2 – Movie – Box Office India". Box Office India. Retrieved 2 April 2018.
- "Box Office: Worldwide collection and days wise break up of Baaghi 2". Bollywood Hungama. Retrieved 2 April 2018.
- "Baaghi 2: Aditya and his tryst with Telugu cinema". 21 February 2018.
- "Exclusive: Tiger Shroff-Disha Patani's Baaghi 2 is remake of Telugu film Kshanam". 28 September 2017. Retrieved 1 July 2018.
- "Tiger Shroff's stunts in 'Baaghi 2' leave B-town celebs in awe". The Statesman. 1 April 2018. Retrieved 29 March 2019.
- Top Hits 2018 - - Box Office India
- "Baaghi 2 trailer: Aditya, our desi Rambo, returns. There is an army of villains to keep him busy". Hindustan Times. 21 February 2018.
- "'Unpopular' Bollywood remix gets 18m views". BBC News. 21 March 2018 – via www.bbc.com.
- "Tezaab director on Jacqueline Fernandez's Ek Do Teen: It's crass beyond imagination, a sex act". 21 March 2018.
- "Tezaab director N Chandra and Saroj Khan will take action against Jacqueline Fernandez's Ek Do Teen redux". Times Now News. 21 March 2018.