|9th President of Albania|
|Assumed office |
24 July 2022
|Prime Minister||Edi Rama|
|Preceded by||Ilir Meta|
|26th Chief of General Staff of Albanian Armed Forces|
29 July 2020 – 4 June 2022
|Preceded by||Bardhyl Kollçaku|
|Succeeded by||To be announced|
|Born||20 March 1967|
|Alma mater||University of Medicine, Tirana|
|Branch/service||Albanian People's Army|
Albanian Armed Forces
|Years of service||1988–2022|
He is an independent, but was nominated to the presidency by the Socialist Party as the candidate to the fourth round of the 2022 presidential election. Begaj is the fifth president in the history of Albania to have a military background.
References[change | change source]
- "Me 78 vota pro, Bajram Begaj zgjidhet Presidenti i 8-të i Shqipërisë | RTSH Lajme". lajme.rtsh.al. Retrieved 2022-06-04.
- "Bajram Begaj, Chief of Defence of Albania". NATO.
- "Major-General-Bajram-Begaj-appointed-as-the-new-Chief-of-the-General-Staff-of-the-Albanian-Armed-Forces". mod.gov.al. Retrieved 2021-07-04.
- "Head-of-Albanian-Armed-Forces-Emphasizes-Importance-Of-'Defender-Europe-21'". albaniandailynews.com. Retrieved 2021-07-04.
- "Kush është kandidati për President i shumicës socialiste". Euronews. Retrieved 3 June 2022.