This page or section needs to be cleaned up. (September 2022)
|Baldi's Basics in Education and Learning|
|Developer(s)||Micah McGonigal (mystman12)|
|Platform(s)||Microsoft Windows, Mac OS, Linux, Android|
Baldi's Basics in Education and Learning (or simply Baldi's Basics) is a free-to-play survival horror indie video game. It was released on March 31, 2020 for PC. Baldi's Basics is a parody; it takes the appearance of an educational video game from the 1990s, while the gameplay is centered on survival horror.
Gameplay[change | change source]
The player must find their friend's seven notebooks that are spread throughout the school, without being caught by their teacher, Baldi, and being hindered by the other students and faculty. Each notebook has at least one wrong answer with the exception of the first notebook. Along the way you can collect items to help you. It is impossible to get the last question correct on all notebooks with the exception of the first notebook.
The game was initially made as an entry in the annual Meta-Game Jam, where it received 2nd place. It became popular for its humor-like difficulty and strange-looking levels. Popular YouTubers such as Markiplier made videos showing themselves playing the game.
Baldi's Basics Plus[change | change source]
The developer launched a Kickstarter for the game, asking the public for money. The developer announced that the full game would be released sometime in late 2021 or early 2022. The Kickstarter, as of February 4, 2021, had raised a total US$61,375.
On August 13, 2021, the Baldi's Basics full game demo was released for the public.
An enhanced Kickstarter Exclusive Demo came out on November 5, 2021.
On March 31, 2022, Baldi's Basics Plus, a version of the original with more features, was announced in itch.io. The early access trailer was posted on May 9, 2022 and it was released for early access on June 12, 2022.
Characters[change | change source]
- Protagonist: They are the main character that you play yourself.
- Baldi Baldimore: He is the teacher of the game that teaches mathematics.
- Principal of the Thing: He is the principal that whistles and says "No [command] in the halls!".
- It's a Bully: He is the school bully that takes items and always has a reverb when the last letter of the sentence is played.
- Gotta Sweep: He is a green broom who always voices louder.
- 1st Prize: He is a Baldi-themed robot who tries to hug the player.
- Arts and Crafters: He is a sock puppet who cannot talk like the player.
- Playtime: She is a girl who has a jump rope. You can press space to jump.
- Filename2: He is a man at the end of the story mode.
References[change | change source]
- Jackson, Gita. "A Free Game That Makes Math More Scary". Kotaku. Retrieved 2018-09-02.
- "Top ranked games in the Meta Game Jam". itch.io. Retrieved 2018-08-05.
- "'Baldi's Basics' Brings Nostalgia for Millennial Gamers". Study Breaks. 2018-06-15. Retrieved 2018-09-02.
- Nguyen, Keoni. "A Fake Edutainment Game Is Now A YouTube Hit". Kotaku. Retrieved 2018-08-02.
- "Baldi's Basics in Education and Learning - Full game!". Kickstarter. Retrieved 2018-08-02.