This article is written like an advertisement. (July 2019)
|Baldi's Basics in Education and Learning|
|Platform(s)||Microsoft Windows, Mac OS, Linux, Android, iOS|
|Release||March 31, 2018 (original), Late 2019/ early 2020 (full game)|
|Mode(s)||Single-player video game|
Baldi's Basics in Education and Learning (or simply Baldi's Basics) is a free-to-play indie survival horror video game. It was released on March 31, 2018 as a beta by Mystman12 for Microsoft Windows, MacOS and Linux.
The game has the player finding all of their friend's seven notebooks that are spread throughout the school without being caught by their teacher, Baldi, and being hindered by the other students and faculty.
The game was initially made as an entry in the annual Meta-Game Jam, where it received 2nd place. It became popular for its humor-like difficulty and often surreal levels. Popular YouTubers such as Markiplier and PewDiePie having videos made on the game boosted the games popularity.
The game was made in a few days and is currently still in development. The developer later launched a Kickstarter for the game, where he announced that the full game will be released sometime in late 2019 or early 2020. The Kickstarter, as of February 4th, 2019, has raised a total $61,375.
References[change | change source]
- Jackson, Gita. "A Free Game That Makes Math More Scary". Kotaku. Retrieved 2018-09-02.
- "Top ranked games in the Meta Game Jam". itch.io. Retrieved 2018-08-05.
- "'Baldi's Basics' Brings Nostalgia for Millennial Gamers". Study Breaks. 2018-06-15. Retrieved 2018-09-02.
- Nguyen, Keoni. "A Fake Edutainment Game Is Now A YouTube Hit". Kotaku. Retrieved 2018-08-02.
- "Weekly PC download charts: What is 'Baldi's Basics in Education and Learning'?".
- "Baldi's Basics in Education and Learning - Full game!". Kickstarter. Retrieved 2018-08-02.