|Baldi's Basics in Education and Learning|
|Platform(s)||Microsoft Windows, Mac OS, Linux, Android, iOS|
|Release||March 31, 2018 (original), Late 2019/Early 2020 (full game)|
|Mode(s)||single-player video game|
Gameplay[change | change source]
The player must find their friend's seven notebooks that are spread throughout the school, without being caught by their teacher, Baldi, and being hindered by the other students and faculty.
The game was initially made as an entry in the annual Meta-Game Jam, where it received 2nd place. It became popular for its humor-like difficulty and often surreal levels. Popular YouTubers such as Markiplier and PewDiePie having videos made on the game[source?] boosted the games popularity.
The developer launched a Kickstarter for the game, where he announced that the full game will be released sometime in late 2019 or early 2020. The Kickstarter, as of February 4th, 2019, has raised a total $61,375.
On August 13, 2019, the Baldi's Basics full game demo was released for the public.
References[change | change source]
- Jackson, Gita. "A Free Game That Makes Math More Scary". Kotaku. Retrieved 2018-09-02.
- "Top ranked games in the Meta Game Jam". itch.io. Retrieved 2018-08-05.
- "'Baldi's Basics' Brings Nostalgia for Millennial Gamers". Study Breaks. 2018-06-15. Retrieved 2018-09-02.
- Nguyen, Keoni. "A Fake Edutainment Game Is Now A YouTube Hit". Kotaku. Retrieved 2018-08-02.
- "Baldi's Basics in Education and Learning - Full game!". Kickstarter. Retrieved 2018-08-02.