|Named for||Francis Marion Bamberg|
|• Total||396 sq mi (1,030 km2)|
|• Land||393 sq mi (1,020 km2)|
|• Water||2.2 sq mi (6 km2) 0.6%|
| • Estimate |
|• Density||41/sq mi (16/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC−5 (Eastern)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC−4 (EDT)|
Geography[change | change source]
According to the U.S. Census Bureau, the Bamberg County has an area of 395.57 square miles (1,024.5 km2). 393.37 square miles (1,018.8 km2) of this is land. 2.20 square miles (5.7 km2) (0.56%) of the county is made up of water. It is the fourth-smallest county in South Carolina by land area. It is the third-smallest by total area.
State and local protected areas[change | change source]
Major water bodies[change | change source]
Adjacent counties[change | change source]
- Orangeburg County – north
- Dorchester County – east
- Colleton County – southeast
- Hampton County – south
- Allendale County – southwest
- Barnwell County – west
Major highways[change | change source]
Major infrastructure[change | change source]
References[change | change source]
- "State & County QuickFacts". United States Census Bureau. Archived from the original on July 6, 2011. Retrieved November 22, 2013.
- "Find a County". National Association of Counties. Archived from the original on May 31, 2011. Retrieved 2011-06-07.
- "2020 County Gazetteer Files – South Carolina". United States Census Bureau. August 23, 2022. Retrieved September 10, 2023.
- "SCDNR Public Lands". www2.dnr.sc.gov. Retrieved 2023-04-01.