Bamboo Airways is a Vietnamese airline. The headquarters are in Hanoi. The center of activity is from Phu Cat Airport in Qui Nhon. The company was founded in 2017. VietJet Air will begin operation in October 2018. It will have flights to most of airports in Vietnam and some international airports. On 26th March 2016, it signed a purchase order with Airbus to buy 24 Airbus A320neo, signed a purchase order with Boeing to buy 20 Boeing 787. The aircraft will be delivered from 2020. It will mainly serve tourists to resort towns in Vietnam, where its parent company FLC Group has resorts (Ha Long, Thanh Hoa, Dong Hoi, Nha Trang, Phu Quoc).
References[change | change source]
- "Bamboo Airways Airline Profile | CAPA". centreforaviation.com. Retrieved 2018-03-27.
- "Vietjet Air". TNH. Retrieved 13 February 2015.
- "FLC Group signs MoU for 24 A321neos for Bamboo Airways | CAPA". centreforaviation.com. Retrieved 2018-03-27.
- "Vietnamese startup Bamboo Airways commits to A321neo". atwonline.com. Retrieved 2018-03-27.
- "Vietnam's Bamboo Airways commits to 20 Boeing aircraft". Reuters. 2018-06-26. Retrieved 2018-06-26.